Community Discussions and Support
Is it possible to authenticate SMTP via password prompt upon sending an email, instead of with a saved password?

In my IMAP profile settings I only have the server and username saved, so when I load Pmail it prompts me for a password to connect to my IMAP profile. I want a similar thing to happen when I send an email (at least my first email of the pegasus session). This is how Thunderbird behaves, but I can't seem to do it in Pmail.

In the SMTP security tab, if I don't tick any authentication boxes, pmail tries to send an email without authentication. Selecting "Login to the SMTP server using the following details" only works if I fill in the username and password; if I leave the pw blank, pmail doesn't ask me for it when attempting to send an email.

The closest thing I can do is fill in the pw field before sending an email and then manually delete the pw, which isn't great.

In my IMAP profile settings I only have the server and username saved, so when I load Pmail it prompts me for a password to connect to my IMAP profile. I want a similar thing to happen when I send an email (at least my first email of the pegasus session). This is how Thunderbird behaves, but I can't seem to do it in Pmail. In the SMTP security tab, if I don't tick any authentication boxes, pmail tries to send an email without authentication. Selecting "Login to the SMTP server using the following details" only works if I fill in the username _and_ password; if I leave the pw blank, pmail doesn't ask me for it when attempting to send an email. The closest thing I can do is fill in the pw field before sending an email and then manually delete the pw, which isn't great.

No, there is not a way to be prompted for a password when making an SMTP send connection.

The closest thing I can do is fill in the pw field before sending an email and then manually delete the pw, which isn't great.

This is the only method I can think of as well.

No, there is not a way to be prompted for a password when making an SMTP send connection. [quote="pid:54734, uid:37549"]The closest thing I can do is fill in the pw field before sending an email and then manually delete the pw, which isn't great.[/quote] This is the only method I can think of as well.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft