Community Discussions and Support
Peer connect failure - on localhost?

Call me crazy, but I must've messed something up royally when setting things up - right now, I can't send email through MercuryS from Pegasus! I keep getting:

15: Peer connect failure (the host has refused the connection).

Which shouldn't be happening AFAIK. I've checked a dozen times - I'm using port 25, I should be at least getting something. What could I have possibly done wrong?

<p>Call me crazy, but I must've messed something up royally when setting things up - right now, I can't send email through MercuryS from Pegasus! I keep getting: </p><p>15: Peer connect failure (the host has refused the connection).</p><p>Which shouldn't be happening AFAIK. I've checked a dozen times - I'm using port 25, I should be at least getting something. What could I have possibly done wrong? </p>

[quote user="CobraA1"]

Call me crazy, but I must've messed something up royally when setting things up - right now, I can't send email through MercuryS from Pegasus! I keep getting:

15: Peer connect failure (the host has refused the connection).

Which shouldn't be happening AFAIK. I've checked a dozen times - I'm using port 25, I should be at least getting something. What could I have possibly done wrong?

[/quote]

Something else is taking port 25?  Try telneting in to port 25 and see what happens.  If you do not get a Mercury/32 answer string I'd start looking around for the application that using it.

[quote user="CobraA1"]<p>Call me crazy, but I must've messed something up royally when setting things up - right now, I can't send email through MercuryS from Pegasus! I keep getting: </p><p>15: Peer connect failure (the host has refused the connection).</p><p>Which shouldn't be happening AFAIK. I've checked a dozen times - I'm using port 25, I should be at least getting something. What could I have possibly done wrong? </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Something else is taking port 25?  Try telneting in to port 25 and see what happens.  If you do not get a Mercury/32 answer string I'd start looking around for the application that using it.</p><p> </p><p>   </p>

Probably. I restarted a few programs and it seems to have fixed itself.

Probably. I restarted a few programs and it seems to have fixed itself.

I'm having the same problem. Localhost refuses the connection. No other programs running...

telnet localhost:25

Connecting to localhost:25...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed.

----------

telnet localhost:110

Connecting to localhost:110...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed.

---------

Why is it failing on port 23? I'm baffled.

<P>I'm having the same problem. Localhost refuses the connection. No other programs running... </P> <P>telnet localhost:25</P> <P>Connecting to localhost:25...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed.</P> <P>----------</P> <P>telnet localhost:110</P> <P>Connecting to localhost:110...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed.</P> <P> ---------</P> <P>Why is it failing on port 23? I'm baffled.</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft