International Pegasus Mail
Data error encountered in folder

Hello
When I exit Pegasus Mail (Ver 4.73 using Windows 10) I receive a box with the message:

Data error encountered in folder
Folder name: ......
File name: .... .PMM

** Error opening folder index file

Followed by instructions on how to solve the problem.

I cannot delete the folder as it informs me that the file is open (I cannot seem to close it)

I have tried re-index; no good.

Any suggestions please

Hello When I exit Pegasus Mail (Ver 4.73 using Windows 10) I receive a box with the message: Data error encountered in folder Folder name: ...... File name: .... .PMM ** Error opening folder index file Followed by instructions on how to solve the problem. I cannot delete the folder as it informs me that the file is open (I cannot seem to close it) I have tried re-index; no good. Any suggestions please

You should repost this in https://community.pmail.com/index.php?u=/category/pegasus-mail-community-support, that's why nobody else noticed your request so far:

Some suggestions: First of all check whether there's a second (hidden) instance of Pegasus Mail running on your system (using the Windows program manager) keeping files locked (assuming you're not running a network installation).

Secondly there might be a folder window open "off-screen" which you can figure out via Pegasus Mail's main menu bar Window item which might show all of them: Clicking Tile or Cascade would bring them back into view.

Furthermore, if still no success, go to Pegasus Mail's main menu Help > About Pegasus Mail > Info button and copy the Home mailbox location entry to some place for switching to this directory after closing Pegasus Mail for locating your Pegasus Mail folders. Next you need to switch to Pegasus Mail's WINPMAIL.EXE directory shown there as well by opening it in Windows File Explorer for launching a utility called mbxmaint_ui.exe which you may use after closing Pegasus Mail for solving folder issues without Pegasus Mail keeping any files open: After starting it you'll certainly figure out how to do it without further advice, but since the folder files don't have any names to easily remember here's how to look-up their filenames: In Pegasus Mail's folder tree right click your folder and select Folder information for getting its location friendly name and filename displayed.

Since you're using an outdated PM version you might not get the Folder information displayed due to context menu issues which have been fixed in a more recent version of IERenderer which you can update independently from Pegasus Mail itself by going to the page shown down below in my signature.

Hope this helps ...

You should repost this in https://community.pmail.com/index.php?u=/category/pegasus-mail-community-support, that's why nobody else noticed your request so far: Some suggestions: First of all check whether there's a second (hidden) instance of Pegasus Mail running on your system (using the Windows program manager) keeping files locked (assuming you're not running a network installation). Secondly there might be a folder window open "off-screen" which you can figure out via Pegasus Mail's main menu bar _Window_ item which might show all of them: Clicking _Tile_ or _Cascade_ would bring them back into view. Furthermore, if still no success, go to Pegasus Mail's main menu _Help > About Pegasus Mail > Info button_ and copy the _Home mailbox location_ entry to some place for switching to this directory after closing Pegasus Mail for locating your Pegasus Mail folders. Next you need to switch to Pegasus Mail's _WINPMAIL.EXE directory_ shown there as well by opening it in Windows File Explorer for launching a utility called _mbxmaint_ui.exe_ which you may use after closing Pegasus Mail for solving folder issues without Pegasus Mail keeping any files open: After starting it you'll certainly figure out how to do it without further advice, but since the folder files don't have any names to easily remember here's how to look-up their filenames: In Pegasus Mail's folder tree right click your folder and select _Folder information_ for getting its location friendly name and filename displayed. Since you're using an outdated PM version you might not get the _Folder information_ displayed due to context menu issues which have been fixed in a more recent version of IERenderer which you can update independently from Pegasus Mail itself by going to the page shown down below in my signature. Hope this helps ...
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft