Community Discussions and Support
Unable to Delete Mysterious Mail Folder

RE: PMAIL v4.80.1020 Build 1028

A Mysterious Mail Folder showed up but I am unable to delete (or do anything else) with it other than see Folder Info.

In Folder Info: Filename FOL02065.PMM in 'PMAIL\MAIL\Admin'

The problem when I go to the folder the file FOL02065.PMM is NOT listed.

What's going on? Fix please.

**RE:** PMAIL v4.80.1020 Build 1028 A Mysterious Mail Folder showed up but I am unable to delete (_or do anything else_) with it other than see **Folder Info**. **In Folder Info:** Filename FOL02065.PMM in 'PMAIL\MAIL\Admin' The problem when I go to the folder the file **FOL02065.PMM is NOT listed**. What's going on? Fix please.

=== MageMaster === USN (22yrs) Vietnam Vet IT Technician (fully retired)

Have you closed then reopened the folder list? Restarted Pegasus Mail?

If yes, do you use trays? If no, a rebuild of HIERARCH.PM would be worth a try. Don't do it if you have a tray structure though because you will lose it.

Have you closed then reopened the folder list? Restarted Pegasus Mail? If yes, do you use trays? If no, a rebuild of HIERARCH.PM would be worth a try. Don't do it if you have a tray structure though because you will lose it.

With Pegasus closed, I would look for the FOL02065.PMM in a few files.
Note: the FOL are letters and the other item are numbers.
Would start by looking in these three files.

HIERARCH.PM STATE.PMJ CACHE.PM

If any have the folder name, it might provide some info..

It might be a case of a folder getting an email that contained either a virus or what your anti-virus thought was a virus, and it might have quarantined the file, but might still exist in one of these or perhaps other files that pegasus thinks it should still be there.

Does a FOL02065.PMI file exist?

With my setup, I've renamed all folders to names that match up with the folders longer name. Thus only the Deleted mail older has the FOL..... type name, and it gets deleted when Pegasus is closed.

Strangely HIERARCH.PM still contains a line with the previous deleted folder info??
HIERARCH.PM
0,256,"L0YKR62J:6E56:FOL01E25","024B349:My mailbox","Deleted Messages",0,20
Probable updates the HIERARCH.PM before file is deleted in close process..

If your anti-virus program does quarantine files, you might check that folder. Or if you create backups see if it exists in any of those...

With Pegasus closed, I would look for the FOL02065.PMM in a few files. Note: the FOL are letters and the other item are numbers. Would start by looking in these three files. HIERARCH.PM STATE.PMJ CACHE.PM If any have the folder name, it might provide some info.. It might be a case of a folder getting an email that contained either a virus or what your anti-virus thought was a virus, and it might have quarantined the file, but might still exist in one of these or perhaps other files that pegasus thinks it should still be there. Does a FOL02065.PMI file exist? With my setup, I've renamed all folders to names that match up with the folders longer name. Thus only the Deleted mail older has the FOL..... type name, and it gets deleted when Pegasus is closed. Strangely HIERARCH.PM still contains a line with the previous deleted folder info?? HIERARCH.PM 0,256,"L0YKR62J:6E56:FOL01E25","024B349:My mailbox","Deleted Messages",0,20 Probable updates the HIERARCH.PM before file is deleted in close process.. If your anti-virus program does quarantine files, you might check that folder. Or if you create backups see if it exists in any of those...

mikes@guam.net

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft