Community Discussions and Support
New Message Formatting Issue

I am having an issue with the formatting of new emails, whether they are new messages or replies, that appears to be related to the program's optional signature setup. The program, v 4.73, is configured to automatically insert a formatted signature at the end of a new email. This has worked flawlessly for years. Recently, however, the program has begun applying the formatting of the signature file to the entire email. This includes the text of an original message that is being replied to. I have tried purging the signature under Tools > Options > Outgoing mail > Signatures, but the error persists. Can anyone offer a suggestion as to how this can be resolved?

Below is an example.

The replay headers and the initial font for the reply should be Aerial 10.

63a89f7c7ecf3

I am having an issue with the formatting of new emails, whether they are new messages or replies, that appears to be related to the program's optional signature setup. The program, v 4.73, is configured to automatically insert a formatted signature at the end of a new email. This has worked flawlessly for years. Recently, however, the program has begun applying the formatting of the signature file to the entire email. This includes the text of an original message that is being replied to. I have tried purging the signature under Tools > Options > Outgoing mail > Signatures, but the error persists. Can anyone offer a suggestion as to how this can be resolved? Below is an example. The replay headers and the initial font for the reply should be Aerial 10. ![63a89f7c7ecf3](serve/attachment&path=63a89f7c7ecf3)

Hello EnxsssxnE,

the problem with your help request is that there are such a lot of options for configuring, formatting and insertion of text and signatures that it's nearly impossible to provide anything useful without you trying to figure out the differences of how to do it yourself: You've got the options to use plain text vs. formatted text for all of these, i.e. the quoted message can be inserted both ways, the signature as well, and what font you select for typing might be another different option. Then identities (global vs. editor) come into play, signature variants (local vs. Internet), and what you call signature insertion "at the end of a new mail" isn't quite what your sample looks like: In my setup it's inserted behind the quoted message, yours at the top of it. Does your signature start with a blank line? And if it does, is the blank line formatted other than your default reader font?

Hello EnxsssxnE, the problem with your help request is that there are such a lot of options for configuring, formatting and insertion of text and signatures that it's nearly impossible to provide anything useful without you trying to figure out the differences of how to do it yourself: You've got the options to use plain text vs. formatted text for all of these, i.e. the quoted message can be inserted both ways, the signature as well, and what font you select for typing might be another different option. Then identities (global vs. editor) come into play, signature variants (local vs. Internet), and what you call signature insertion "at the end of a new mail" isn't quite what your sample looks like: In my setup it's inserted behind the quoted message, yours at the top of it. Does your signature start with a blank line? And if it does, is the blank line formatted other than your default reader font?
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
edited Dec 25 '22 at 10:46 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft