Community Discussions and Support
Configure for both POP3 and IMAP4

Hi,

I have a question regarding how to configure or install Pegasus when using two email addresses; one via POP3 and one via IMAP4.

Background:
I have been using Pegasus Mail for 13-14 years with POP3/SMTP. During the years, since I have been the only one using Pegasus on the PC, I have had it installed in single-user mode, nothing odd. When I last time rebuilt the PC I only changed the Home Mailbox location to another partition, for less problem in the future. It works great. Over the years I have changed ISP, and thus I can find some obsolete settings in Available POP3 (and SMTP) definitions (Internet Mail Options > Add). The same goes for Identities, though I have never used anyone but Default/Single-user; the old identities correspond with my old mail options. I have not bothered to remove those old settings, maybe should do some cleaning.

I now have another main address, not through my ISP, which I would like to use in Pegasus Mail. This account is accessed via IMAP (or web mail).

What is the best solution if I would like to be able to switch between the two (POP3/SMTP & IMAP4/SMTP), sending and receiving from both?

Then it's another question that I have to check with my ISP about sending from the new, second, address, if possible. They have some other settings for SMTP for those cases.

I have looked briefly at the help files and at the "Manage IMAP Profiles". Also, the manual, apparently the recommendation now is to install in multi-user mode even if only one user. I have no problem with reinstalling Pegasus. Or is this best dealt with using different identities?

All comments appreciated. TIA.

Hi, I have a question regarding how to configure or install Pegasus when using two email addresses; one via POP3 and one via IMAP4. Background: I have been using Pegasus Mail for 13-14 years with POP3/SMTP. During the years, since I have been the only one using Pegasus on the PC, I have had it installed in single-user mode, nothing odd. When I last time rebuilt the PC I only changed the Home Mailbox location to another partition, for less problem in the future. It works great. Over the years I have changed ISP, and thus I can find some obsolete settings in Available POP3 (and SMTP) definitions (Internet Mail Options > Add). The same goes for Identities, though I have never used anyone but Default/Single-user; the old identities correspond with my old mail options. I have not bothered to remove those old settings, maybe should do some cleaning. I now have another main address, not through my ISP, which I would like to use in Pegasus Mail. This account is accessed via IMAP (or web mail). What is the best solution if I would like to be able to switch between the two (POP3/SMTP & IMAP4/SMTP), sending and receiving from both? Then it's another question that I have to check with my ISP about sending from the new, second, address, if possible. They have some other settings for SMTP for those cases. I have looked briefly at the help files and at the "Manage IMAP Profiles". Also, the manual, apparently the recommendation now is to install in multi-user mode even if only one user. I have no problem with reinstalling Pegasus. Or is this best dealt with using different identities? All comments appreciated. TIA.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft