Community Discussions and Support
deleting with / without moving deleted e-mails to "deleted messages"

[quote user="DonPedro"]thank you, but no, what you suggest is against my policy :)

I want to "keep" deleted mails, but would like to get rid of the spam-mails that go into the deleted-messages box once trigger-deleted from the spam-folder.[/quote]

Here's an idea: change the spam-filtering rule that deletes "spam" to a rule that moves the "spam" to a "Spam" folder.   Then you can just Ctrl-Delete the contents of the spam folder while not polluting your "Deleted Messages" folder with spam.

<p>[quote user="DonPedro"]thank you, but no, what you suggest is against my policy :) I want to "keep" deleted mails, but would like to get rid of the spam-mails that go into the deleted-messages box once trigger-deleted from the spam-folder.[/quote]</p><p>Here's an idea: change the spam-filtering rule that deletes "spam" to a rule that moves the "spam" to a "Spam" folder.   Then you can just Ctrl-Delete the contents of the spam folder while not polluting your "Deleted Messages" folder with spam.  </p>

hello,

is there a way to delete a message ON PURPOSE that way, that it is not moved to the deleted messages - box when at the same time the program is globally set up to make use of the litterbox?

I ask because I set up the program that way that spam-mails are moved automatically to a specified spam-folder. I also created a rule that deletes spam-mails from that folder when they are older than xx days. "unfortunately" they are moved to the "deleted"-folder so I have to delete them again over there too. both actions needs me to open/close the respective folder. this is somehow boring ....

I would like to suggest to introduce an "erase"-action that does the same thing as the "delete"-action but overrules the system-settings concerning the use of the "deleted-messages" box.

in the meantime does one know how I can setup the program to achieve "deleting" without using the deleted-messages-box while still keeping the global setting of using it?

hello, is there a way to delete a message ON PURPOSE that way, that it is not moved to the deleted messages - box when at the same time the program is globally set up to make use of the litterbox? I ask because I set up the program that way that spam-mails are moved automatically to a specified spam-folder. I also created a rule that deletes spam-mails from that folder when they are older than xx days. "unfortunately" they are moved to the "deleted"-folder so I have to delete them again over there too. both actions needs me to open/close the respective folder. this is somehow boring .... I would like to suggest to introduce an "erase"-action that does the same thing as the "delete"-action but overrules the system-settings concerning the use of the "deleted-messages" box. in the meantime does one know how I can setup the program to achieve "deleting" without using the deleted-messages-box while still keeping the global setting of using it?

[quote user="DonPedro"]hello,

is there a way to delete a message ON PURPOSE that way, that it is not moved to the deleted messages - box when at the same time the program is globally set up to make use of the litterbox?

I ask because I set up the program that way that spam-mails are moved automatically to a specified spam-folder. I also created a rule that deletes spam-mails from that folder when they are older than xx days. "unfortunately" they are moved to the "deleted"-folder so I have to delete them again over there too. both actions needs me to open/close the respective folder. this is somehow boring ....

I would like to suggest to introduce an "erase"-action that does the same thing as the "delete"-action but overrules the system-settings concerning the use of the "deleted-messages" box.

in the meantime does one know how I can setup the program to achieve "deleting" without using the deleted-messages-box while still keeping the global setting of using it?[/quote]

Keep CTRL pressed while deleting a mesage, and it will be gone forever, not using the deleted messages folder.

<p>[quote user="DonPedro"]hello, is there a way to delete a message ON PURPOSE that way, that it is not moved to the deleted messages - box when at the same time the program is globally set up to make use of the litterbox? I ask because I set up the program that way that spam-mails are moved automatically to a specified spam-folder. I also created a rule that deletes spam-mails from that folder when they are older than xx days. "unfortunately" they are moved to the "deleted"-folder so I have to delete them again over there too. both actions needs me to open/close the respective folder. this is somehow boring .... I would like to suggest to introduce an "erase"-action that does the same thing as the "delete"-action but overrules the system-settings concerning the use of the "deleted-messages" box. in the meantime does one know how I can setup the program to achieve "deleting" without using the deleted-messages-box while still keeping the global setting of using it?[/quote]</p><p>Keep CTRL pressed while deleting a mesage, and it will be gone forever, not using the deleted messages folder.</p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

thanks for the tip - I was not aware of the ctrl-trick.

unfortunately it does not solve my problem: automatic mass-"erasion" ....

thanks for the tip - I was not aware of the ctrl-trick. unfortunately it does not solve my problem: automatic mass-"erasion" ....

Hello!

If I understand your description, you want to get rid of deleted messages as soon and as easy as possible.

I suggest you have the "Deleted messages"-folder deleted automatically every time Pegasus Mail closes. In case you do not know how to set this, here it is: go to Tools" | "Options" | "General settings" | Advanced settings" and check whether the option "'Deleted messages' folder persists between session" is checked. If it is, uncheck it (uncheck it for every identity you have set up).

If that option is checked, the "Deleted messages"-folder remains untouched until you delete it manually. If it is unchecked, the "Deleted messages"-folder gets automatically deleted when Pegasus Mail is being closed.

<p> </p><p>Hello!</p><p> </p><p>If I understand your description, you want to get rid of deleted messages as soon and as easy as possible.</p><p>I suggest you have the "Deleted messages"-folder deleted automatically every time Pegasus Mail closes. In case you do not know how to set this, here it is: go to Tools" | "Options" | "General settings" | Advanced settings" and check whether the option "'Deleted messages' folder persists between session" is checked. If it is, uncheck it (uncheck it for every identity you have set up).</p><p>If that option is checked, the "Deleted messages"-folder remains untouched until you delete it manually. If it is unchecked, the "Deleted messages"-folder gets automatically deleted when Pegasus Mail is being closed. </p><p> </p>

thank you, but no, what you suggest is against my policy :)

I want to "keep" deleted mails, but would like to get rid of the spam-mails that go into the deleted-messages box once trigger-deleted from the spam-folder.

thank you, but no, what you suggest is against my policy :) I want to "keep" deleted mails, but would like to get rid of the spam-mails that go into the deleted-messages box once trigger-deleted from the spam-folder.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft