Community Discussions and Support
Pegasus Mail + Office365 + OAUTH2?

Hi all,

I try to connect with 4.81beta to my mail account on

outlook.office365.com

Without any success - Tried POP3 and IMAP4. Only get timeouts...

As Microsoft changed the autorotation to OAUTH2, my pmail 4.70 did not work anymore

My questions:

1) Is pmail 4.81beta able to connect to outlook.office365.com?
2) If this is possible: How do I setup this? Especially how is the token generated?
3) if this is not possible: Will it be possible in the near furture or do I have to use a new mail client?

Thanks in advance!
p4711

Hi all, I try to connect with 4.81beta to my mail account on outlook.office365.com Without any success - Tried POP3 and IMAP4. Only get timeouts... As Microsoft changed the autorotation to OAUTH2, my pmail 4.70 did not work anymore My questions: 1) Is pmail 4.81beta able to connect to outlook.office365.com? 2) If this is possible: How do I setup this? Especially how is the token generated? 3) if this is not possible: Will it be possible in the near furture or do I have to use a new mail client? Thanks in advance! p4711

Pegasus Mail does not have Microsoft OAUTH2 capability and research into adding it is in its infancy. I do not think it will be available any time soon.

Pegasus Mail does not have Microsoft OAUTH2 capability and research into adding it is in its infancy. I do not think it will be available any time soon.

One major problem with Microsoft web access accounts is that it won't let you use the account configured alias addresses for sending. It always uses your default account email address. It allows aliases on incoming emails - but you have to view the headers if you want to see which alias address it was aimed at.

A workround is that Microsoft left SMTP login enabled for the previous method Pegasus used. Apparently there were a lot of dumb devices like printers that expected to be able to do that. So - I send custom address emails from Pegasus as normal - then get the replies in OWA.

The Microsoft Help guides about doing downloading of your emails from OWA to your PC do not appear to work nowadays. For important ones I forward them from OWA to my gmail account - and then use Pegasus to retrieve them for PC archiving.

"Replies" from Pegasus can only reference the sender's email by using manual copy&paste from OWA. As a method it is ok for small volumes.

One major problem with Microsoft web access accounts is that it won't let you use the account configured alias addresses for sending. It always uses your default account email address. It allows aliases on incoming emails - but you have to view the headers if you want to see which alias address it was aimed at. A workround is that Microsoft left SMTP login enabled for the previous method Pegasus used. Apparently there were a lot of dumb devices like printers that expected to be able to do that. So - I send custom address emails from Pegasus as normal - then get the replies in OWA. The Microsoft Help guides about doing downloading of your emails from OWA to your PC do not appear to work nowadays. For important ones I forward them from OWA to my gmail account - and then use Pegasus to retrieve them for PC archiving. "Replies" from Pegasus can only reference the sender's email by using manual copy&paste from OWA. As a method it is ok for small volumes.

Just wondering. Looked at the original outlook setup info, and it mentioned having to change a setting to enable the pop3 setup. Think gmail did the same thing. Original setup only allowed access via web, until you went in an changed the setting to allow the pop3 and smtp.

Not very happy with Microsoft setup with the outlook. Got a little HP notebook that has windows 11 and it required an outlook.com account to setup. But I can get into the email, but when I try some things it comes up with message that it is going to send message to my phone, but never get any messages, and it gives no other options, so can never enter the code that it is suppose to send.

Don't know if it is something broken that it doesn't support the guam 671 area code. Guam is part of US Dialing plan, but have run into a number of things that don't seem to work with it. Paypal did, but then it stopped, so had to disable feature. My Capital One card would not work, so had to create one of those dummy text phone numbers, to get code, and was able to setup the app that authenticates with something other than SMS text. So seem less secure that a dummy text number works, but not a real number to phone?

Just wondering. Looked at the original outlook setup info, and it mentioned having to change a setting to enable the pop3 setup. Think gmail did the same thing. Original setup only allowed access via web, until you went in an changed the setting to allow the pop3 and smtp. Not very happy with Microsoft setup with the outlook. Got a little HP notebook that has windows 11 and it required an outlook.com account to setup. But I can get into the email, but when I try some things it comes up with message that it is going to send message to my phone, but never get any messages, and it gives no other options, so can never enter the code that it is suppose to send. Don't know if it is something broken that it doesn't support the guam 671 area code. Guam is part of US Dialing plan, but have run into a number of things that don't seem to work with it. Paypal did, but then it stopped, so had to disable feature. My Capital One card would not work, so had to create one of those dummy text phone numbers, to get code, and was able to setup the app that authenticates with something other than SMS text. So seem less secure that a dummy text number works, but not a real number to phone?

mikes@guam.net

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft