Community Discussions and Support
Spell checker

I don't understanbd of this but I have download 4.80 but the spell checker does not accept new words: I can't add to the disctionary.
Some months ago I get a message from Mr Harris saying Pegasus was aware of the fault and was 'fixing it'.
Has it been fixed? How do I get the repair?

I don't understanbd of this but I have download 4.80 but the spell checker does not accept new words: I can't add to the disctionary. Some months ago I get a message from Mr Harris saying Pegasus was aware of the fault and was 'fixing it'. Has it been fixed? How do I get the repair?
edited Feb 10 '23 at 2:09 pm

Wait for the next version of the beta. The current one is undergoing revisions to fix an issue with disappearing POP3 and SMTP definitions. Release goal is a few days.

Wait for the next version of the beta. The current one is undergoing revisions to fix an issue with disappearing POP3 and SMTP definitions. Release goal is a few days.

Note: You will need to find a backup of your USRDICT5.PMD file, since a bug was causing all the added words to be deleted. So, previous solution was to restore a backup of file, and then make the file read-only so it wouldn't get blanked out. But once a fixed version is installed will have to remove the read-only to be able to add new words.

Note: You will need to find a backup of your USRDICT5.PMD file, since a bug was causing all the added words to be deleted. So, previous solution was to restore a backup of file, and then make the file read-only so it wouldn't get blanked out. But once a fixed version is installed will have to remove the read-only to be able to add new words.

mikes@guam.net

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft