Community Discussions and Support
Migrating pegasus mailbox to outlook

Simce pegasus is dead for the forseeable future for anyone using Microsoft email I need to move all of the emails to outlook. I came across this 15 year old thread talking about using mercury and IMAP to move pegasus folders to outlook. Never used mercury before. Anyone have any idea if this method would still work? Thx

https://community.pmail.com/index.php?u=/topic/590/converting-pegasus-mail-folders-to-outlook/post-47902#post-47902

Simce pegasus is dead for the forseeable future for anyone using Microsoft email I need to move all of the emails to outlook. I came across this 15 year old thread talking about using mercury and IMAP to move pegasus folders to outlook. Never used mercury before. Anyone have any idea if this method would still work? Thx https://community.pmail.com/index.php?u=/topic/590/converting-pegasus-mail-folders-to-outlook/post-47902#post-47902

Yes, that method should still work.

I believe that converting the Pegasus Mail message data to .PST files for import into Outlook would be an easier. My ex-employer used Mailmigra for Pegasus from https://www.mailmigra.com/pegasus

Here is another option that looks promising:
https://www.freeviewer.org/blog/convert-pegasus-mail-to-outlook/

Yes, that method should still work. I believe that converting the Pegasus Mail message data to .PST files for import into Outlook would be an easier. My ex-employer used _Mailmigra for Pegasus_ from https://www.mailmigra.com/pegasus Here is another option that looks promising: https://www.freeviewer.org/blog/convert-pegasus-mail-to-outlook/

Thanks. I quickly gave up on the mercury method. I had no idea what I was doing.

I am trying transend right now. It sort of worked but it only migrated the new mail, copies to self and junk folders. It didn't touch my filing trays full of archived emails.

If I can't get it working I will look at the other program

Thanks. I quickly gave up on the mercury method. I had no idea what I was doing. I am trying transend right now. It sort of worked but it only migrated the new mail, copies to self and junk folders. It didn't touch my filing trays full of archived emails. If I can't get it working I will look at the other program

Question: What exact email system are you talking about?
I thought it might be an outlook.com account, but not something I would use unless had too.
Did get a little HP notebook for about $100 to have a Windows 11 system with my 7 Linux machines. Had a Dell machine with 10, but it doesn't meet specs to upgrade to 11?? 4th gen CPU and 11 requires 8th gen. Runs Fedora 37 just fine...

The upgrade on the HP to 11 had want seemed to require an outlook.com account, so had created it, but had never used it. Went to site, and it seems like gmail, it has a setting to allow POP3/SMTP that needs to be turned on, and it showed a list of ports and setups for connection. So, the outlook.com seems that it might allow Pegasus if setup to do POP3?

Perhaps you are talking about an Exchange server that might be totally different. Fortunately, never had to work with one of those. Had Mercury running on my Novel 4.x servers, and it integrated perfectly with the Novel NDS system. Earlier on Novel 2.2 services had a uucp gateway that worked fine with the Bindery setup..

Just interesting on details..
Hope it works out.

Question: What exact email system are you talking about? I thought it might be an outlook.com account, but not something I would use unless had too. Did get a little HP notebook for about $100 to have a Windows 11 system with my 7 Linux machines. Had a Dell machine with 10, but it doesn't meet specs to upgrade to 11?? 4th gen CPU and 11 requires 8th gen. Runs Fedora 37 just fine... The upgrade on the HP to 11 had want seemed to require an outlook.com account, so had created it, but had never used it. Went to site, and it seems like gmail, it has a setting to allow POP3/SMTP that needs to be turned on, and it showed a list of ports and setups for connection. So, the outlook.com seems that it might allow Pegasus if setup to do POP3? Perhaps you are talking about an Exchange server that might be totally different. Fortunately, never had to work with one of those. Had Mercury running on my Novel 4.x servers, and it integrated perfectly with the Novel NDS system. Earlier on Novel 2.2 services had a uucp gateway that worked fine with the Bindery setup.. Just interesting on details.. Hope it works out.

mikes@guam.net

If you want to migrate Pegasus Mailbox to Outlook, then you should try DRS Pegasus Converter . I've used it and found it very useful, and it can effectively convert your Pegasus Emails to PST, PDF, and other file formats. This tool has multiple exceptional features such as customizing resultant folder names, advanced filters, an option to avoid attachments, and so on. One of its important feature is maintaining the data integrity of files and keeping your data secure during the conversion.

If you want to migrate Pegasus Mailbox to Outlook, then you should try **DRS [Pegasus Converter](https://www.data-recovery-solutions.com/pegasus-converter.php) **. I've used it and found it very useful, and it can effectively convert your Pegasus Emails to PST, PDF, and other file formats. This tool has multiple exceptional features such as customizing resultant folder names, advanced filters, an option to avoid attachments, and so on. One of its important feature is maintaining the data integrity of files and keeping your data secure during the conversion.
edited Feb 27 at 4:12 am

Struggling to locate a dependable solution for exporting Pegasus emails to Outlook, the individual encountered the Cigati Pegasus Mail Converter . This discovery proved transformative, as the conversion process unfolded seamlessly, offering flawless performance, particularly on Windows. The individual expressed utmost satisfaction with the achieved results.

Struggling to locate a dependable solution for exporting Pegasus emails to Outlook, the individual encountered the [Cigati Pegasus Mail Converter](https://www.cigatisolutions.com/pegasus-converter/) . This discovery proved transformative, as the conversion process unfolded seamlessly, offering flawless performance, particularly on Windows. The individual expressed utmost satisfaction with the achieved results.

I don't know anything about DRS Pegasus Converter or Cigati Pegasus Mail Converter but both products state that you need to disable your antivirus product for the software to work. This is a HUGE red flag for me.
Below is content from the FAQ on the Cigati Pegasus Mail website (cigatisolutions.com). The verbiage is very similar in the "Pre-Requisites" section for DRS Pegasus Converter on the DRS Software website (data-recovery-solutions.com)

How to Run this software on Windows 11?
To run this tool smoothly on Windows 11, follow the below-mentioned steps:
Go to Windows Defender
Click on Settings
After that, Turn off Real-Time protection
Whenever controlled folder access is Enabled, some parts of the software might not get installed correctly. Controlled folder settings sometimes blocks anything that attempts to write to use the user{user name}\Appdata or various other related folders.

Why is it necessary to disable the Antivirus program in order to use this software?
Please ensure that disabling and allowing access (whitelist) in the antivirus program is necessary for using this software to prevent potential conflicts and ensure proper functionality.

I don't know anything about DRS Pegasus Converter or Cigati Pegasus Mail Converter but both products state that you need to disable your antivirus product for the software to work. This is a HUGE red flag for me. Below is content from the FAQ on the Cigati Pegasus Mail website (cigatisolutions.com). The verbiage is very similar in the "Pre-Requisites" section for DRS Pegasus Converter on the DRS Software website (data-recovery-solutions.com) **_How to Run this software on Windows 11?_** _To run this tool smoothly on Windows 11, follow the below-mentioned steps: Go to Windows Defender Click on Settings After that, Turn off Real-Time protection Whenever controlled folder access is Enabled, some parts of the software might not get installed correctly. Controlled folder settings sometimes blocks anything that attempts to write to use the user\{user name}\Appdata or various other related folders._ **_Why is it necessary to disable the Antivirus program in order to use this software?_** _Please ensure that disabling and allowing access (whitelist) in the antivirus program is necessary for using this software to prevent potential conflicts and ensure proper functionality._
edited Feb 27 at 8:48 pm

Although I have used many tools I have found SysInfo Pegasus Mail Converter the best. The tool smoothly converts the CNM, PMM, and other files. The tool is capable of converting not only a single file but also multiple files. The user interface is designed in such a way that it can be easily navigated by the user without any confusion. The noted features of the tool are:

1. Convert PDF, MBX, EML, EMLX, CSV, etc files to pegasus files smoothly.
  2. Supports the Files like PMM, CNM, and other Pegasus files.
  3. It provides the facility of batch conversion.
  4. Amazing easy-to-use GUI

Although I have used many tools I have found **SysInfo Pegasus Mail Converter** the best. The tool smoothly converts the CNM, PMM, and other files. The tool is capable of converting not only a single file but also multiple files. The user interface is designed in such a way that it can be easily navigated by the user without any confusion. The noted features of the tool are: 1. Convert PDF, MBX, EML, EMLX, CSV, etc files to pegasus files smoothly. 2. Supports the Files like PMM, CNM, and other Pegasus files. 3. It provides the facility of batch conversion. 4. Amazing easy-to-use GUI
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft