Community Discussions and Support
Restricted Use Help Please

I would like to setup Mercury so when a User logs in they can only send and receive emails from other Users on the same server. There would be no way to send to or receive from any other IP address.

Could someone please explain to me how I would accomplish this using Mercury?

I would like to setup Mercury so when a User logs in they can only send and receive emails from other Users on the same server. There would be no way to send to or receive from any other IP address. Could someone please explain to me how I would accomplish this using Mercury?

MercuryS (the SMTP server module) can be instructed to never deliver mail to non-local addresses by selecting strict local relaying restrictions in the Connection control tab in settings. See Mercury help for more details.

To prevent non-local senders from submitting any messages you could enable transaction level filtering in the Compliance tab, and create a rule similar to this one:
M, "@mydomain.com", R-N, "554 Sender address not permitted"

That should cause messages from anyone with a MAIL FROM: address other than those belonging to your domain to be rejected.

MercuryS (the SMTP server module) can be instructed to never deliver mail to non-local addresses by selecting strict local relaying restrictions in the Connection control tab in settings. See Mercury help for more details. To prevent non-local senders from submitting any messages you could enable transaction level filtering in the Compliance tab, and create a rule similar to this one: M, "*@mydomain.com*", R-N, "554 Sender address not permitted" That should cause messages from anyone with a MAIL FROM: address other than those belonging to your domain to be rejected.
edited Mar 13 '23 at 5:05 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft