Community Discussions and Support
IERenderer v2.7.0.2 is available

For those of you who have the IERenderer Auto Update Check disabled, IERenderer v2.7.0.2 is available. This is the direct download link:
https://www.pmpgp.de/renderer/IERenderer.zip

History is here (contains download link):
https://www.pmpgp.de/renderer/History.htm

For those of you who have the IERenderer Auto Update Check disabled, IERenderer v2.7.0.2 is available. This is the direct download link: https://www.pmpgp.de/renderer/IERenderer.zip History is here (contains download link): https://www.pmpgp.de/renderer/History.htm

When I click on the horse Pegasus crashes. I've tried several times with the same result.

Could that be related to this error message that occurs when I select messages from the preview mode?

641cfe1d888a7

It starts happening afters I've used the app for a time and then dismissing it requires using the ESC key 2 to 4 times. Once it starts it continues until I close I reopen the app.

When I click on the horse Pegasus crashes. I've tried several times with the same result. Could that be related to this error message that occurs when I select messages from the preview mode? ![641cfe1d888a7](serve/attachment&path=641cfe1d888a7) It starts happening afters I've used the app for a time and then dismissing it requires using the ESC key 2 to 4 times. Once it starts it continues until I close I reopen the app.

Larry Hess CPA | Albuquerque NM

@lhhesscpa, Did you post this in the discussion announcing IER 2.7.0.2 because you think this problem is associated with this version of IER?

If so, does it go away with IER disabled?

@lhhesscpa, Did you post this in the discussion announcing IER 2.7.0.2 because you think this problem is associated with this version of IER? If so, does it go away with IER disabled?

That's just the problem. I can't check or change any of the settings in IE renderer because when I click the Pegasus icon the app crashes (disappears)

That's just the problem. I can't check or change any of the settings in IE renderer because when I click the Pegasus icon the app crashes (disappears)

I'm confused. You said

When I click on the horse Pegasus crashes. I've tried several times with the same result.

which I read to mean the horse when Pegasus Mail is minimized.

Also, you said

It starts happening afters I've used the app for a time and then dismissing it requires using the ESC key 2 to 4 times. Once it starts it continues until I close I reopen the app.

which indicates that you can start Pegasus Mail after a crash.

Do you mean that after you received the "Access violation..." message Pegasus Mail will not open? If so, do you see anything when you try to start it?
Have you cold booted the PC?

I'm confused. You said [quote="pid:55204, uid:2980"]When I click on the horse Pegasus crashes. I've tried several times with the same result.[/quote] which I read to mean the horse when Pegasus Mail is minimized. Also, you said [quote="pid:55204, uid:2980"]It starts happening afters I've used the app for a time and then dismissing it requires using the ESC key 2 to 4 times. Once it starts it continues until I close I reopen the app.[/quote] which indicates that you can start Pegasus Mail after a crash. Do you mean that after you received the "Access violation..." message Pegasus Mail will not open? If so, do you see anything when you try to start it? Have you cold booted the PC?

It's the Pegasus at the right side of the toolbar.

641f565a89f03

It's the Pegasus at the right side of the toolbar. ![641f565a89f03](serve/attachment&path=641f565a89f03)

It's the Pegasus at the right side of the toolbar.

That is the IERenderer configuration icon. If clicking it is causing Pegasus Mail to crash then I suggest uninstalling IERenderer and installing the latest version.

Download the latest one using this URL: https://www.pmpgp.de/renderer/IERenderer.zip

Uninstall the existing one from Windows (Settings > Apps or Control Panel > Programs and Features). It is listed as "Pegasus Mail HTML Renderer". Be sure Pegasus Mail is closed first. The uninstall will not remove the existing IERenderer settings file. For a thorough reset of IERenderer, remove the IERenderer.ini file from your home mailbox directory (if you want to temporarily keep it for reference you can move it to a temporary location or rename it in place).

Once the uninstall is complete I suggest doing a system restart and then installing the new download.

[quote="pid:55214, uid:2980"]It's the Pegasus at the right side of the toolbar.[/quote] That is the IERenderer configuration icon. If clicking it is causing Pegasus Mail to crash then I suggest uninstalling IERenderer and installing the latest version. Download the latest one using this URL: https://www.pmpgp.de/renderer/IERenderer.zip Uninstall the existing one from Windows (Settings > Apps or Control Panel > Programs and Features). It is listed as "Pegasus Mail HTML Renderer". Be sure Pegasus Mail is closed first. The uninstall will not remove the existing IERenderer settings file. For a thorough reset of IERenderer, remove the IERenderer.ini file from your home mailbox directory (if you want to temporarily keep it for reference you can move it to a temporary location or rename it in place). Once the uninstall is complete I suggest doing a system restart and then installing the new download.

I followed your instructions and am now able to click on the Pegasus icon. But now something else has come up. When I print messages I get this background in the body.

64207298d2f16

Would an earlier version of IERenderer work better?

In addition, when I try to turn off IERenderer I get this message & don't understand how to follow this instruction.

6420734d71cbe

I followed your instructions and am now able to click on the Pegasus icon. But now something else has come up. When I print messages I get this background in the body. ![64207298d2f16](serve/attachment&path=64207298d2f16) Would an earlier version of IERenderer work better? In addition, when I try to turn off IERenderer I get this message & don't understand how to follow this instruction. ![6420734d71cbe](serve/attachment&path=6420734d71cbe)

I am glad that the uninstall/reinstall of IERenderer fixed the IERenderer icon crash issue.

IERenderer printing configuration:

• Click the IERenderer icon
  • Note the "Insert email headers when printing" option. Clicking it toggle is on/off.
  • Select the "Configure IERenderer" option
  • Select the Various tab
  • Make sure the Printer setup option is ticked
  • The "Default HTML printing" is an interesting option. When enabled, the HTML version is always printed. When disabled, a notice pops up advising to use Ctrl+Shift+P to use the printing resources of IERenderer but allows you respond No to that. This popup can be turned off but I leave it enabled because it provides another printing option. Finally, keep in mind that you can switch to the plain text version of a message and then print it. I often find the plain text version to be the better printable version.

As for that popup message, certain options in IERenderer require that it not be active. This means that the "Folders" window must be closed as must all message reader windows.

I wouldn't disable IERenderer unless you are doing it to temporarily test a behavior.

I am glad that the uninstall/reinstall of IERenderer fixed the IERenderer icon crash issue. IERenderer printing configuration: - Click the IERenderer icon - Note the "Insert email headers when printing" option. Clicking it toggle is on/off. - Select the "Configure IERenderer" option - Select the Various tab - Make sure the Printer setup option is ticked - The "Default HTML printing" is an interesting option. When enabled, the HTML version is always printed. When disabled, a notice pops up advising to use Ctrl+Shift+P to use the printing resources of IERenderer but allows you respond No to that. This popup can be turned off but I leave it enabled because it provides another printing option. Finally, keep in mind that you can switch to the plain text version of a message and then print it. I often find the plain text version to be the better printable version. As for that popup message, certain options in IERenderer require that it not be active. This means that the "Folders" window must be closed as must all message reader windows. I wouldn't disable IERenderer unless you are doing it to temporarily test a behavior.

When I print messages I get this background in the body.

Fix supposed to come soon (at least I hope so since its pretty difficult to duplicate for me).

[quote="pid:55216, uid:2980"]When I print messages I get this background in the body.[/quote] Fix supposed to come soon (at least I hope so since its pretty difficult to duplicate for me).
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

Brian - The "Insert email headers when printing" option. Clicking it toggle is on/off. IS GREYED OUT WHEN IERenderer is on.

Michael - Any luck in fixing using IERenderer to print multiple emails?

Brian - The "Insert email headers when printing" option. Clicking it toggle is on/off. IS GREYED OUT WHEN IERenderer is on. Michael - Any luck in fixing using IERenderer to print multiple emails?

Brian - The "Insert email headers when printing" option. Clicking it toggle is on/off. IS GREYED OUT WHEN IERenderer is on.

An HTML formatted message must be open in order for many of the IERenderer options to be available.

[quote="pid:55225, uid:2980"]Brian - The "Insert email headers when printing" option. Clicking it toggle is on/off. IS GREYED OUT WHEN IERenderer is on.[/quote] An HTML formatted message must be open in order for many of the IERenderer options to be available.

Michael - Any luck in fixing using IERenderer to print multiple emails?

No way, I can't do anything about it, it's just the way it is, IER doesn't get fed more messages from Pegasus Mail to process as it currently does. There appears to be some kind of hidden timeout.

[quote="pid:55225, uid:2980"]Michael - Any luck in fixing using IERenderer to print multiple emails?[/quote] No way, I can't do anything about it, it's just the way it is, IER doesn't get fed more messages from Pegasus Mail to process as it currently does. There appears to be some kind of hidden timeout.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

I'm also getting the blue background issue with IERenderer 2.7.0.2. Not just when printing, but when replying to or forwarding an email the original email has a blue background.

I'm using Pegasus 4.8 Build 1028 on a PC and a laptop, both running Windows 10 Home.

I'm also getting the blue background issue with IERenderer 2.7.0.2. Not just when printing, but when replying to or forwarding an email the original email has a blue background. I'm using Pegasus 4.8 Build 1028 on a PC and a laptop, both running Windows 10 Home.

I can confirm this, when I forward an html email and select edit before sending, I also see the forwarded part of the email with a blue background color #3399ff.

I can confirm this, when I forward an html email and select edit before sending, I also see the forwarded part of the email with a blue background color #3399ff.

Pegasus v4.81 Beta

edited Mar 29 '23 at 6:31 am

Hi all, blue background here too, printing or replying with Pegasus 4.8 and IER 2.7.0.2.

Here is a part of a pdf print.

IERblue.pdf

Hi all, blue background here too, printing or replying with Pegasus 4.8 and IER 2.7.0.2. Here is a part of a pdf print. [IERblue.pdf](serve/attachment&path=64240786164fd)
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft