Community Discussions and Support
Outgoing mail truncated

Hello!

Have you experienced any other problems right now? Or could you solve the problem?

The special characters Thomas S. mentioned may have caused the problem. What I am thinking of is a page break that was manually added to the file in Word or by the Word template itself. In your example, the page break may have been added after "agenda".

When using "Paste special" [CTRL+SHIFT+V], one of the "Text only, without styles and pioctures, ..."-options would remove the page break when copying the text from Word to Pegasus Mail. You may also copy it from Word to Notepad and from Notepad to Pegasus Mail - this should have the same effect and remove any special characters, leaving the pure text.

<p> </p><p>Hello!</p><p> </p><p>Have you experienced any other problems right now? Or could you solve the problem?</p><p> </p><p>The special characters Thomas S. mentioned may have caused the problem. What I am thinking of is a page break that was manually added to the file in Word or by the Word template itself. In your example, the page break may have been added after "agenda".</p><p>When using "Paste special" [CTRL+SHIFT+V], one of the "Text only, without styles and pioctures, ..."-options would remove the page break when copying the text from Word to Pegasus Mail. You may also copy it from Word to Notepad and from Notepad to Pegasus Mail - this should have the same effect and remove any special characters, leaving the pure text.</p><p> </p>

I send out a weekly newsletter, and once a month or so the outgoing email will be truncated.  It happens often enough that I now send the mail to myself first to check prior to sending it to the distribution list.

I compose the mail in MS Word using a template.  I remove all formating, and then cut and paste it into a blank Pegaus mail window.  It does not seem to be related to any special characters or formating since I can correct the problem by changing the overall length of the document by adding or removing a couple of words at apparently random locations in the email. The email is truncated in mid sentence.

***** start of part of corrected example   (this was a two page email, I am only showing the area where it was previously truncated) ***** 

----- Friday 8 June, 2007 -----
  Chemical Clean-up Day
   1:00 PM
   Westchester Community College, Valhalla

----- Saturday 9 June, 2007 -----
  Chemical Clean-up Day
   9:00 AM

++++++++++ Notes ++++++++++

There are a large number of items of interest on Monday's Common Council agenda.

Item 1: Public hearing and VOTE on "Extended Stay Hotels" and permitting restaurants,
cafeterias, health clubs, nursery schools, and day care centers in office parks.

Item 7: Public hearing and vote on the St. Agnes redevelopment site plan.

***** end of corrected example start of what people originally received *****

----- Friday 8 June, 2007 -----
  Recreation Advisory Committee
   8:00 AM
   Parks Department
   85 Gedney Way
   White Plains, NY

Chemical Clean-up Day
   1:00 PM

----- Saturday 9 June, 2007 -----
  Chemical Clean-up Day
   9:00 AM

++++++++++ Notes ++++++++++

There are a large number of items of interest on the Common Council agenda

***** end of example *****

I got it to send the complete email by changing "the" to "Monday's" on the last line of the truncated message.  The truncated email stopped prior to the period (.) following "agenda" 

My mail transport is Postfix. 

<p>I send out a weekly newsletter, and once a month or so the outgoing email will be truncated.  It happens often enough that I now send the mail to myself first to check prior to sending it to the distribution list.</p><p>I compose the mail in MS Word using a template.  I remove all formating, and then cut and paste it into a blank Pegaus mail window.  It does not seem to be related to any special characters or formating since I can correct the problem by changing the overall length of the document by adding or removing a couple of words at apparently random locations in the email. The email is truncated in mid sentence.</p><p>***** start of part of corrected example   (this was a two page email, I am only showing the area where it was previously truncated) ***** </p><p>----- Friday 8 June, 2007 -----   Chemical Clean-up Day    1:00 PM    Westchester Community College, Valhalla   ----- Saturday 9 June, 2007 -----   Chemical Clean-up Day    9:00 AM    Westchester Community College, Valhalla ++++++++++ Notes ++++++++++ There are a large number of items of interest on Monday's Common Council agenda. Item 1: Public hearing and VOTE on "Extended Stay Hotels" and permitting restaurants, cafeterias, health clubs, nursery schools, and day care centers in office parks. Item 7: Public hearing and vote on the St. Agnes redevelopment site plan.</p><p>***** end of corrected example start of what people originally received *****</p><p>----- Friday 8 June, 2007 -----   Recreation Advisory Committee    8:00 AM    Parks Department    85 Gedney Way    White Plains, NY     Chemical Clean-up Day    1:00 PM    Westchester Community College, Valhalla   ----- Saturday 9 June, 2007 -----   Chemical Clean-up Day    9:00 AM    Westchester Community College, Valhalla ++++++++++ Notes ++++++++++ There are a large number of items of interest on the Common Council agenda </p><p> ***** end of example *****</p><p> </p><p>I got it to send the complete email by changing "the" to "Monday's" on the last line of the truncated message.  The truncated email stopped prior to the period (.) following "agenda" </p><p>  My mail transport is Postfix. </p>

The first thing that comes to mind is that the Word text contains some control character and is not pure ASCII.  Have you tried using the Paste Special as plain text or turning on the "Rich text" and sending as an HTML message?

<p>The first thing that comes to mind is that the Word text contains some control character and is not pure ASCII.  Have you tried using the Paste Special as plain text or turning on the "Rich text" and sending as an HTML message?</p><p> </p>

I do not  think that it is a control character since if I re-send the same message after just changing a single word as in the example, it goes without being truncated.

I do not use "Rich text" or HTML since some of my readers are computer phobic and using very old mail readers that do not support it.

I was thinking a line length boundry condition.  But if it is that, then there should be other reports and that is the reason for the post.

I was not familiar with 'paste special'.  I will give it a try. 

<p>I do not  think that it is a control character since if I re-send the same message after just changing a single word as in the example, it goes without being truncated.</p><p>I do not use "Rich text" or HTML since some of my readers are computer phobic and using very old mail readers that do not support it.</p><p>I was thinking a line length boundry condition.  But if it is that, then there should be other reports and that is the reason for the post.</p><p>I was not familiar with 'paste special'.  I will give it a try. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft