Community Discussions and Support
How to change the user interface

Hello
I use Pegasus Mail for a while (more than 20 years ?) and as the age is growing, the vision does not ?

I would like to change the size of some fonts in the User Int erface

How can I do ?

Thanks Have a good day

Hello I use Pegasus Mail for a while (more than 20 years ?) and as the age is growing, the vision does not ? I would like to change the size of some fonts in the User Int erface How can I do ? Thanks Have a good day

The system fonts used in Pegasus Mail are fixed fonts (hard coded). Improvements were made in the GUI in version 4.80 so upgrade to that if you haven't. Otherwise the only option is to reduce the resolution of your display. Prior to v4.80 I ran my 1920x1080 display at 1366x768 resolution. I did not notice the lower resolution in any of my normal activity.

The areas that immediately come to mind where fixed fonts are used are:

• Message editor window and its tabs
  • Message editor header fields (To:, Subject:, CC:, BCC:)
  • All help information
  • All configuration settings screens
  • Menus
  • WindowBar

Fonts in the message editor body, message lists, and folder lists can all be changed. If you need help changing any of those post back with the specifics.

The system fonts used in Pegasus Mail are fixed fonts (hard coded). Improvements were made in the GUI in version 4.80 so upgrade to that if you haven't. Otherwise the only option is to reduce the resolution of your display. Prior to v4.80 I ran my 1920x1080 display at 1366x768 resolution. I did not notice the lower resolution in any of my normal activity. The areas that immediately come to mind where fixed fonts are used are: - Message editor window and its tabs - Message editor header fields (To:, Subject:, CC:, BCC:) - All help information - All configuration settings screens - Menus - WindowBar Fonts in the message editor body, message lists, and folder lists can all be changed. If you need help changing any of those post back with the specifics.

Under windows config you can change the dpi setting that might make a difference for all windows programs. On my notebook I changed it from default 96 dpi to 144 dpi under graphics.
I use wine rather than windows, where it is under winecfg.
Under graphics tab, and screen resolution. Starts at 96 and has steps increasing by 24.
Don't have a windows machine handy, but recall the same options under windows.
Might be an option.
Good Luck.

Under windows config you can change the dpi setting that might make a difference for all windows programs. On my notebook I changed it from default 96 dpi to 144 dpi under graphics. I use wine rather than windows, where it is under winecfg. Under graphics tab, and screen resolution. Starts at 96 and has steps increasing by 24. Don't have a windows machine handy, but recall the same options under windows. Might be an option. Good Luck.

mikes@guam.net

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft