Community Discussions and Support
Wrong address in from field in copy folder

Hi again Han,

Please excuse my question earlier; there was no problem. I've been working on some POP3/SMTP settings for my main address, and also this issue with being able to send and receive with my second main address.

Being a little tired, when doing some tests: changing to new identity and sending from my second to my first main address, of course in Copy folder it showed under From header, To: "First address". I expected to see my new address there (the second), but it IS the Copy folder (as every other folder has the header From), so of course it should show To which address.

Sorry to bother.

Back to main issue with IMAP & POP.

Hi again Han, Please excuse my question earlier; there was no problem. I've been working on some POP3/SMTP settings for my main address, and also this issue with being able to send and receive with my second main address. Being a little tired, when doing some tests: changing to new identity and sending from my second to my first main address, of course in Copy folder it showed under From header, To: "First address". I expected to see my new address there (the second), but it IS the Copy folder (as every other folder has the header From), so of course it should show To which address. Sorry to bother. Back to main issue with IMAP & POP.

Hi,

While waiting to see if anyone have any comments on my question about IMAP & POP3, another question.

When I create another identity, based on default, and change the mail options; e-mail address, SMTP settings etc. it works OK sending mail. But in the copy folder (copy to self) the mail is shown as from my other address. However, if I open the copy it shows the correct sender.

What am I missing? In this case I did not change anything in Tools - Options (Preferences and Settings) between the two identities. I do not use the setting Default "reply-to" address.

Hi, While waiting to see if anyone have any comments on my question about IMAP & POP3, another question. When I create another identity, based on default, and change the mail options; e-mail address, SMTP settings etc. it works OK sending mail. But in the copy folder (copy to self) the mail is shown as from my other address. However, if I open the copy it shows the correct sender. What am I missing? In this case I did not change anything in Tools - Options (Preferences and Settings) between the two identities. I do not use the setting Default "reply-to" address.

[quote user="Osprey"]Hi,

While waiting to see if anyone have any comments on my question about IMAP & POP3, another question.

When I create another identity, based on default, and change the mail options; e-mail address, SMTP settings etc. it works OK sending mail. But in the copy folder (copy to self) the mail is shown as from my other address. However, if I open the copy it shows the correct sender.

What am I missing? In this case I did not change anything in Tools - Options (Preferences and Settings) between the two identities. I do not use the setting Default "reply-to" address.[/quote]

You need to change the Tools -> Options -> Basic -> Personal name field AFAIK.

<p>[quote user="Osprey"]Hi, While waiting to see if anyone have any comments on my question about IMAP & POP3, another question. When I create another identity, based on default, and change the mail options; e-mail address, SMTP settings etc. it works OK sending mail. But in the copy folder (copy to self) the mail is shown as from my other address. However, if I open the copy it shows the correct sender. What am I missing? In this case I did not change anything in Tools - Options (Preferences and Settings) between the two identities. I do not use the setting Default "reply-to" address.[/quote]</p><p>You need to change the Tools -> Options -> Basic -> Personal name field AFAIK.</p><p>  </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

[quote user="Han v.d. Bogaerde"]

You need to change the Tools -> Options -> Basic -> Personal name field AFAIK.

[/quote]

Hello Han,

Thanks

for your reply. The name in Options -> Basic should be the same,

since I'm the same person behind the two addresses. [:)]

Also the Personal name isn't shown in the Copy folder as "From", it shows an e-mail address.

The following is solved (while writing the reply, anyhow shouldn't mix topics):
Another

odd thing I noticed when trying different identities, while waiting on

comments on my other question: since some 8-9 years I have used a

TOOLBAR.PM file in my mail box, instead of the standard toolbar

layouts. Changing identities via Tools -> Identities works OK, but

if I rename/remove the special TOOLBAR.PM, to get a standard layout of

the toolbar with an identity dropdown box, the following happens:

I

start Pegasus Mail and standard toolbar is shown. If I select a newly

created identity from the dropdown box Pegasus changes to that

identity, but the toolbar changes to what I think is business user, and

away goes the dropdown box. Odd.

Took me some time to realise

what settings that can be changed/different between identities. In this

case Tools -> Options -> User interface Toolbars. Somehow the

identity that I used to build the new on, must have had toolbars set to

business, even though it didn't show since I used TOOLBAR.PM.

[quote user="Han v.d. Bogaerde"]<p>You need to change the Tools -> Options -> Basic -> Personal name field AFAIK.</p><p> [/quote]</p><p>Hello Han, Thanks for your reply. The name in Options -> Basic should be the same, since I'm the same person behind the two addresses. [:)] Also the Personal name isn't shown in the Copy folder as "From", it shows an e-mail address. The following is solved (while writing the reply, anyhow shouldn't mix topics): Another odd thing I noticed when trying different identities, while waiting on comments on my other question: since some 8-9 years I have used a TOOLBAR.PM file in my mail box, instead of the standard toolbar layouts. Changing identities via Tools -> Identities works OK, but if I rename/remove the special TOOLBAR.PM, to get a standard layout of the toolbar with an identity dropdown box, the following happens: I start Pegasus Mail and standard toolbar is shown. If I select a newly created identity from the dropdown box Pegasus changes to that identity, but the toolbar changes to what I think is business user, and away goes the dropdown box. Odd. Took me some time to realise what settings that can be changed/different between identities. In this case Tools -> Options -> User interface Toolbars. Somehow the identity that I used to build the new on, must have had toolbars set to business, even though it didn't show since I used TOOLBAR.PM. </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft