Community Discussions and Support
The "To" field stays empty

Hi,

I hope somebody can help me with the following:
Step 1. I send in Pegasus an email to myself
Step 2. I open the received email and press the "reply" button
Problem: The "to" field stays empty.

Extra tests done:
a) If I open the email in another email program and click the "reply" it seems to be filled correctly.
b) When I open an email somebody else sent me, I got a filled "To"-field.
c) When I send an email to myself not using Pegasus but another email program, and I try to reply via Pegasus Mail it gives an emtpy To field.

(I'm using Pegasus mail v4.80 for windows, build 1028 )

Any ideas how to fix this?

Hi, I hope somebody can help me with the following: Step 1. I send in Pegasus an email to myself Step 2. I open the received email and press the "reply" button Problem: The "to" field stays empty. Extra tests done: a) If I open the email in another email program and click the "reply" it seems to be filled correctly. b) When I open an email somebody else sent me, I got a filled "To"-field. c) When I send an email to myself not using Pegasus but another email program, and I try to reply via Pegasus Mail it gives an emtpy To field. (I'm using Pegasus mail v4.80 for windows, build 1028 ) Any ideas how to fix this?

How do you exactly spell what you put in as your full address? If you don't want to publish your real name and address please make up one, but it is absolutely important to keep everything in there which isn't a digit (0..9) or character in the range of a..z or A..Z from the alphabet because this will most likely be the culprit here ...

PS: What about an Umlaut ...?

How do you exactly spell what you put in as your full address? If you don't want to publish your real name and address please make up one, but it is absolutely important to keep everything in there which isn't a digit (0..9) or character in the range of a..z or A..Z from the alphabet because this will most likely be the culprit here ... PS: What about an Umlaut ...?
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
edited Apr 16 '23 at 5:54 pm

I wonder if the reply options in Pegasus Mail is set to the "Reply-to" header which doesn't exist in messages sent by Pegasus Mail.

Try this:

• With a message open, click the little triangle to the right of the "Reply" button.
  • If "Button does quick reply" is checked, click the "Button does reply with options" to select it instead.
  • Now do a reply and see if the "Reply-to field" in the lower section for the Reply options window is ticked.
  • The reply options last used are sticky so a quick reply is going to use the last reply options, which may not be appropriate in every instance.

I wonder if the reply options in Pegasus Mail is set to the "Reply-to" header which doesn't exist in messages sent by Pegasus Mail. Try this: - With a message open, click the little triangle to the right of the "Reply" button. - If "Button does quick reply" is checked, click the "Button does reply with options" to select it instead. - Now do a reply and see if the "Reply-to field" in the lower section for the Reply options window is ticked. - The reply options last used are sticky so a quick reply is going to use the last reply options, which may not be appropriate in every instance.

Michael: I did not use any "strange" characters

Brian: Thank you ! That was indeed the issue.

Michael: I did not use any "strange" characters Brian: Thank you ! That was indeed the issue.

Michael: I did not use any "strange" characters

Well, there's nothing strange about different languages, I just deducted this from your name and another support request we had on the German support forum ...: Brian won smile

[quote="pid:55318, uid:38901"]Michael: I did not use any "strange" characters[/quote] Well, there's nothing strange about different languages, I just deducted this from your name and another support request we had on the German support forum ...: Brian won ;)
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
edited Apr 17 '23 at 8:06 pm

Michael you are absolutely right, there is nothing strange about all the characters used in the different languages.
Thank you for your help.

Michael you are absolutely right, there is nothing strange about all the characters used in the different languages. Thank you for your help.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft