Community Discussions and Support
Cannot access mailbox with Microsoft 365 account.

Our organisation has recently migrated to Microsoft 365. Since then I have been unable to access emails using Pegasus.

Instructions were sent that as yet do not include Pegasus, but do include Thunderbird.

Here are the settings for Thunderbird.

64594639beb62

I have noted that there is an option in Thunderbird to use Oauth2 as a method of authentication. This option is not available in Pegasus. I noted and found the option for gmail when setting up a new account but this does not work for my usual email address.

In addition I did find the settings provided by the Kansas State University to access emails using Microsoft 365, no mention was made of Oauth2 and these settings did not work.

I was successful in accessing my yahoo domain email address by following the instructions provided by Yahoo. It gives an option of using Pegasus as a third party app and provides a one time password.

Any solutions would be very much appreciated. I have been using Pegasus since the 1990’s, and continue to appreciate it.

Thank you.

Our organisation has recently migrated to Microsoft 365. Since then I have been unable to access emails using Pegasus. Instructions were sent that as yet do not include Pegasus, but do include Thunderbird. Here are the settings for Thunderbird. ![64594639beb62](serve/attachment&path=64594639beb62) I have noted that there is an option in Thunderbird to use Oauth2 as a method of authentication. This option is not available in Pegasus. I noted and found the option for gmail when setting up a new account but this does not work for my usual email address. In addition I did find the settings provided by the Kansas State University to access emails using Microsoft 365, no mention was made of Oauth2 and these settings did not work. I was successful in accessing my yahoo domain email address by following the instructions provided by Yahoo. It gives an option of using Pegasus as a third party app and provides a one time password. Any solutions would be very much appreciated. I have been using Pegasus since the 1990’s, and continue to appreciate it. Thank you.

This question is related to Pegasus Mail so it would be more appropriate to post it in the Pegasus Mail Community Discussions and Support forum.

One thing I can tell you is that Pegasus Mail does not support Microsoft OAuth2. AFAIK, Microsoft no longer offers any alternative authentication methods. There is an awareness of this limitation in Pegasus Mail. It would be a major endeavor to add MS OAuth2 support. If it happens it won't be any time soon.

This question is related to Pegasus Mail so it would be more appropriate to post it in the Pegasus Mail Community Discussions and Support forum. One thing I can tell you is that Pegasus Mail does not support Microsoft OAuth2. AFAIK, Microsoft no longer offers any alternative authentication methods. There is an awareness of this limitation in Pegasus Mail. It would be a major endeavor to add MS OAuth2 support. If it happens it won't be any time soon.

Thank you Brian. Appreciate your comments.

It is the first time to make a post, sorry it was not in the correct location.

Regards

Thank you Brian. Appreciate your comments. It is the first time to make a post, sorry it was not in the correct location. Regards
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft