Community Discussions and Support
Pegasus mail "not responding"

In case you don't have AutoUpdate enabled: IER version 2.7.0.7 is up.

In case you don't have _AutoUpdate_ enabled: [IER version 2.7.0.7](https://www.pmpgp.de/renderer/History.htm) is up.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

Installed and working, thanks again.

The download was "fun". :-( as MS EDGE took control of things and as IE Renderer is not a "commonly downloaded file" it kept blocking it. After at least 3 attempts I went into windows setup and made sure that opera was my default browser and things returned to normal.

Installed and working, thanks again. The download was "fun". :-( as MS EDGE took control of things and as IE Renderer is not a "commonly downloaded file" it kept blocking it. After at least 3 attempts I went into windows setup and made sure that opera was my default browser and things returned to normal.

Hi @idw, thanks for the fix. I can confirm that it works.

Hi @idw, thanks for the fix. I can confirm that it works.

I can confirm that it works.

Thanks for reporting back!

[quote="pid:55458, uid:2383"]I can confirm that it works.[/quote] Thanks for reporting back!
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

"commonly downloaded file"

Is this a new Win 11 feature? I don't see it on my Win 10 system with Edge. Maybe I should just add a link to this page which provides more details and screenshots about getting around it in an easily understandable way.

PS: Any better suggestions anyone?

[quote="pid:55457, uid:5960"]"commonly downloaded file"[/quote] Is this a new Win 11 feature? I don't see it on my Win 10 system with Edge. Maybe I should just add a link to [this page](https://www.ghacks.net/2022/07/02/how-to-deal-with-microsoft-edges-isnt-commonly-downloaded-warning/) which provides more details and screenshots about getting around it in an easily understandable way. PS: Any better suggestions anyone?
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
edited May 18 '23 at 2:39 am

After further thought on what may have been going on during that update:

• It was my first PC boot after the latest win10 update. I recall seeing something about Edge upgrades etc to include AI search.
  • As I was closing a whole series of windows opened while tryinmg to get the IERenderer to download I saw a floating Edge search bar on my desktop. (Must have been put there by MS during the update.) I closed this and said do not auto start (or whatever the words were).
  • This last step was, on reflection, probably more significant than checking the unchanged default browser setting .

After further thought on what may have been going on during that update: - It was my first PC boot after the latest win10 update. I recall seeing something about Edge upgrades etc to include AI search. - As I was closing a whole series of windows opened while tryinmg to get the IERenderer to download I saw a floating Edge search bar on my desktop. (Must have been put there by MS during the update.) I closed this and said do not auto start (or whatever the words were). - This last step was, on reflection, probably more significant than checking the unchanged default browser setting .
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft