Community Discussions and Support
Pegasus Access Violation error message

6472635db867b

After starting Pegasus I can click on several (it varies) messages in the Message List , this happens on any subsequent. I can dismiss it clicking on OK several times (it varies). After that nothing is visible in the Preview Pane. The only way to deal with it is closing and restart Pegasus. The behavior is also the same running Pegasus by another Windows user and in safe mode; and it's the same after uninstalling Pegasus, including removing all references to Pegasus in the Windows Registry.

In case it helps, I'm using Win 10 ver 2H22 build 1904.2846.

![6472635db867b](serve/attachment&path=6472635db867b) After starting Pegasus I can click on several (it varies) messages in the Message List , this happens on any subsequent. I can dismiss it clicking on OK several times (it varies). After that nothing is visible in the Preview Pane. The only way to deal with it is closing and restart Pegasus. The behavior is also the same running Pegasus by another Windows user and in safe mode; and it's the same after uninstalling Pegasus, including removing all references to Pegasus in the Windows Registry. In case it helps, I'm using Win 10 ver 2H22 build 1904.2846.

Larry Hess CPA | Albuquerque NM

Larry,

These apply to both of your recent posts:

What version of Pegasus Mail?
What version of IERenderer?
Is IERenderer enabled, and if so, have you tested with it disabled?

Edit: One more...
IMAP or POP3?

Larry, These apply to both of your recent posts: What version of Pegasus Mail? What version of IERenderer? Is IERenderer enabled, and if so, have you tested with it disabled? Edit: One more... IMAP or POP3?
edited May 28 '23 at 12:50 am

Pegasus ver 4.80
IE Renderer v 2.7.0.7 - has been off

Pegasus ver 4.80 IE Renderer v 2.7.0.7 - has been off

I am not aware of any reports of access violation issues with v4.80. Hopefully you have restarted the PC. There were a few access violation issues reported with v4.73 but I could not find where any of the complainants reported back with their resolution. One was suspicious of Avast no confirmation.

The v4.81 beta has been solid. It provides the option for a final form version of copyself messages and it fixes the user words dictionary issue that is in 4.80 (if you set the read-only attribute on the USRDICT5.PMD file you need to remove it to restore normal operation). No guarantee it will solve the access violation issue though.

I am not aware of any reports of access violation issues with v4.80. Hopefully you have restarted the PC. There were a few access violation issues reported with v4.73 but I could not find where any of the complainants reported back with their resolution. One was suspicious of Avast no confirmation. The v4.81 beta has been solid. It provides the option for a final form version of copyself messages and it fixes the user words dictionary issue that is in 4.80 (if you set the read-only attribute on the USRDICT5.PMD file you need to remove it to restore normal operation). No guarantee it will solve the access violation issue though.

Good to hear about 4.81 beta. I'm a bit hesitant to try it since I have many, many years of correspondence with my clients in 4.80 and would not want to damage or disrupt that history. do you have any idea when the production version will be released.

Good to hear about 4.81 beta. I'm a bit hesitant to try it since I have many, many years of correspondence with my clients in 4.80 and would not want to damage or disrupt that history. do you have any idea when the production version will be released.

do you have any idea when the production version will be released.

Sorry, I don't.

[quote="pid:55487, uid:2980"]do you have any idea when the production version will be released.[/quote] Sorry, I don't.

I did also have many Pegasus Mail crashes under Windows 10 22H2 (with Microsoft patches regularly applied). PM version is the latest official i.e. 4.8.0.1028 and IERenderer is updated as soon as a new version is published.
Sometimes an event is logged in the Application Event log, some times not. For example :

• Exception code : 0xc0000005 with faulting module : winpm-32.exe
  • Exception code : 0xc0000005 with faulting module : dhui.dll
  • Exception code : 0x0012e292 with faulting module : KERNELBASE.dll
  • Exception code : 0xc000041d with faulting module : FreeImage.dll
  • Exception code : 0xc0000006 with faulting module : winpm-32.exe

I did sent some MidiDump crash dump files and wait impatiently the publication of the 4.81 definitive version.

I did also have many Pegasus Mail crashes under Windows 10 22H2 (with Microsoft patches regularly applied). PM version is the latest official i.e. 4.8.0.1028 and IERenderer is updated as soon as a new version is published. Sometimes an event is logged in the Application Event log, some times not. For example : - Exception code : 0xc0000005 with faulting module : winpm-32.exe - Exception code : 0xc0000005 with faulting module : dhui.dll - Exception code : 0x0012e292 with faulting module : KERNELBASE.dll - Exception code : 0xc000041d with faulting module : FreeImage.dll - Exception code : 0xc0000006 with faulting module : winpm-32.exe I did sent some MidiDump crash dump files and wait impatiently the publication of the 4.81 definitive version.
edited May 29 '23 at 9:59 am

PHR - I don't know how to use the information you've provided. Can you explain?

Certainly not intended for you, Larry.

[quote="pid:55493, uid:2980"]PHR - I don't know how to use the information you've provided. Can you explain?[/quote] Certainly not intended for you, Larry.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

I did sent some MidiDump crash dump files and wait impatiently the publication of the 4.81 definitive version.

Don't hold your breath too long while waiting: v4.81 is a pretty stable version and should be installed by everyone having serious issues like you apparently do. And with regard to crash dumps: I'm more or less regularly scanning the beta reports account for new reports but cannot recall having seen any from you there - not knowing your sender alias for those, though, either. Aside from this it doesn't make too much sense investigating dumps regarding older versions when they are possibly already fixed by an update (David Harris doesn't usually list all of these in detail in his announcements but there certainly are some).

[quote="pid:55491, uid:2274"]I did sent some MidiDump crash dump files and wait impatiently the publication of the 4.81 definitive version.[/quote] Don't hold your breath too long while waiting: v4.81 is a pretty stable version and should be installed by everyone having serious issues like you apparently do. And with regard to crash dumps: I'm more or less regularly scanning the beta reports account for new reports but cannot recall having seen any from you *there* - not knowing your sender alias for those, though, either. Aside from this it doesn't make too much sense investigating dumps regarding older versions when they are possibly already fixed by an update (David Harris doesn't usually list all of these in detail in his announcements but there certainly are some).
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Hello Michael,
I was only listing some error codes related to Pegasus Mail crashes during the last monthes. The problems only occurr under Windows 10 with a network installation. Pegasus Mail software is installed in a shared directory (Windows Server 2012) and mailbox directories are also on the server.
Sent MiniDump crash dumps have been acknowledged by Han van den Bogaerde.
I agree also to wait for version 4.81 as I am very confident in the PM developpers and testers to provide a very stable product.
Best regards.

Hello Michael, I was only listing some error codes related to Pegasus Mail crashes during the last monthes. The problems only occurr under Windows 10 with a network installation. Pegasus Mail software is installed in a shared directory (Windows Server 2012) and mailbox directories are also on the server. Sent MiniDump crash dumps have been acknowledged by Han van den Bogaerde. I agree also to wait for version 4.81 as I am very confident in the PM developpers and testers to provide a very stable product. Best regards.

I agree also to wait for version 4.81 as I am very confident in the PM developpers and testers to provide a very stable product.

Sorry, that's not what I wanted to say: You can dowload and install the public beta because it already is stable and reliable enough for replacing v4.80 especially if having serious issues with the latter. There's no need to wait any longer since nobody can tell how long it'll take David Harris to come up with another update, that's what I wanted to say.

[quote="pid:55496, uid:2274"]I agree also to wait for version 4.81 as I am very confident in the PM developpers and testers to provide a very stable product.[/quote] Sorry, that's not what I wanted to say: You can dowload and install the public beta because it already is stable and reliable enough for replacing v4.80 especially if having serious issues with the latter. There's no need to wait any longer since nobody can tell how long it'll take David Harris to come up with another update, that's what I wanted to say.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft