Community Discussions and Support
Print multiple pages using IERenderer

I almost always print multiple emails but when using IERenderer only one page prints and it prints a print preview using Internet Explorer. If I turn off IERenderer, I can print all of the selected pages. Would I be able to do that with IERenderer if it prints directly to my printer without the Internet Explorer preview?

I almost always print multiple emails but when using IERenderer only one page prints and it prints a print preview using Internet Explorer. If I turn off IERenderer, I can print all of the selected pages. Would I be able to do that with IERenderer if it prints directly to my printer without the Internet Explorer preview?

Larry Hess CPA | Albuquerque NM

I don't know how having IERenderer enabled is affecting the printing of multiple messages. AFAIK, IERenderer is only involved when an HTML message is open and you use Ctrl+Shift+P to invoke a print. In that case a print preview is displayed. That said, there is a setting in the IERenderer configuration called "Default HTML printing". Perhaps you have it enabled.
Normally, selecting multiple messages in a folder and doing File > Print or clicking the Print toolbar button uses the Pegasus Mail printing function which doesn't have a preview. Your printer driver might have a preview option though. My Brother printer has one. The "Printer setup' button accesses the printer driver settings.

I know that you run Pegasus Mail in Preview mode whereas I run in List mode. Perhaps when one of the messages you are printing is being previewed it is considered 'open' by IERenderer so behaves the same as when I have a message open in its own window. We need Michael to comment on this.

Also Michael, what is the purpose of the "preview=" entry in ierenderer.ini? I thought it would be print preview but setting it to "no" does not disable the print preview.

I don't know how having IERenderer enabled is affecting the printing of multiple messages. AFAIK, IERenderer is only involved when an HTML message is open and you use Ctrl+Shift+P to invoke a print. In that case a print preview is displayed. That said, there is a setting in the IERenderer configuration called "Default HTML printing". Perhaps you have it enabled. Normally, selecting multiple messages in a folder and doing File > Print or clicking the Print toolbar button uses the Pegasus Mail printing function which doesn't have a preview. Your printer driver might have a preview option though. My Brother printer has one. The "Printer setup' button accesses the printer driver settings. I know that you run Pegasus Mail in Preview mode whereas I run in List mode. Perhaps when one of the messages you are printing is being previewed it is considered 'open' by IERenderer so behaves the same as when I have a message open in its own window. We need Michael to comment on this. Also Michael, what is the purpose of the "preview=" entry in ierenderer.ini? I thought it would be print preview but setting it to "no" does not disable the print preview.

I don't see "default HTML printing=" or "preview=" in the IERenderer .INI file or when "Configure IERenderer" on the main IERenderer menu is open.

When I change PrintSetup= in the .INI file to NO there is no preview and multiple emails are selected, only the first one prints - TWICE!

Setting a different printer as the default is no help.

BUT, when I set DefaultPrinting= to NO, each of the selected emails print!

I don't see "default HTML printing=" or "preview=" in the IERenderer .INI file or when "Configure IERenderer" on the main IERenderer menu is open. When I change PrintSetup= in the .INI file to NO there is no preview and multiple emails are selected, only the first one prints - TWICE! Setting a different printer as the default is no help. BUT, when I set DefaultPrinting= to NO, each of the selected emails print!

I don't see "default HTML printing="

It is in the Various tab in IERenderer configuration.

This would be the change that disabling "default HTML printing" would make.

Does that mean this solves the printing issue when IERenderer is enabled?

[quote="pid:55486, uid:2980"]I don't see "default HTML printing="[/quote] It is in the Various tab in IERenderer configuration. [quote="pid:55486, uid:2980"]BUT, when I set DefaultPrinting= to NO, each of the selected emails print![/quote] This would be the change that disabling "default HTML printing" would make. [quote="pid:55486, uid:2980"]BUT, when I set DefaultPrinting= to NO, each of the selected emails print![/quote] Does that mean this solves the printing issue when IERenderer is enabled?

IIRC we (i.e. Larry and me, but maybe it was somebody else) discussed this issue already a while ago: I can't do anything about how many messages IER get's provided by Pegasus Mail for printing, it just processes whatever it gets.

I know that you run Pegasus Mail in Preview mode whereas I run in List mode. Perhaps when one of the messages you are printing is being previewed it is considered 'open' by IERenderer so behaves the same as when I have a message open in its own window. We need Michael to comment on this.

The Default HTML printing option makes IER jump in automatically if HTML messages are displayed in reader or preview - that's the only way it can detect whether it may jump in or not. If turning it off you'll get PM's default printing no matter what messages are displayed unless using Ctrl + Shift + P.

And with regard to any INI file entries apparently not connected to options displayed in the configuration dialog: They may be left-overs of copying BearHtml.ini when introducing IER and would not have any effects on anything. The print preview option is named Printer setup.

IIRC we (i.e. Larry and me, but maybe it was somebody else) discussed this issue already a while ago: I can't do anything about how many messages IER get's provided by Pegasus Mail for printing, it just processes whatever it gets. [quote="pid:55484, uid:28772"]I know that you run Pegasus Mail in Preview mode whereas I run in List mode. Perhaps when one of the messages you are printing is being previewed it is considered 'open' by IERenderer so behaves the same as when I have a message open in its own window. We need Michael to comment on this.[/quote] The _Default HTML printing_ option makes IER jump in automatically if HTML messages are displayed in reader or preview - that's the only way it can detect whether it may jump in or not. If turning it off you'll get PM's default printing no matter what messages are displayed unless using Ctrl + Shift + P. And with regard to any INI file entries apparently not connected to options displayed in the configuration dialog: They may be left-overs of copying BearHtml.ini when introducing IER and would not have any effects on anything. The print preview option is named _Printer setup_.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

Brian & Michael - Yes, the problem of printing multiple emails when IERendered is enabled is resolved.

Brian & Michael - Yes, the problem of printing multiple emails when IERendered is enabled is resolved.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft