Community Discussions and Support
Problem with BEARHTML.dll in Windows Vista

Hi Martin

Thank you for your adwice.

I found out that I had mixed old and new files when I copied the files from the old installation.

I then removed all the files and made a new copy from the old computer, and now everything is fine, thank you. [:D]

<P>Hi Martin</P> <P> Thank you for your adwice.</P> <P>I found out that I had mixed old and new files when I copied the files from the old installation.</P> <P>I then removed all the files and made a new copy from the old computer, and now everything is fine, thank you. [:D]</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Hi

I have installed (copied from old computer) Pegasus Mail v. 4.41 on in Windows Vista.

I have also tried with a new installation.

When I open a message this error appear:

"Exception EInOutError in module BEARHTML.DLL at 000B69E2.

File access denied"

BEARHTML.DLL is file version 2.7.6.0

I have tried to update to BEARHTML.DLL file version 3.0.3.0, but now Pegasus "goes dead".

<P>Hi</P> <P>I have installed (copied from old computer) Pegasus Mail v. 4.41 on in Windows Vista.</P> <P>I have also tried with a new installation.</P> <P>When I open a message this error <SPAN title=Oversættelse>appear:</SPAN></P> <P><SPAN title=Oversættelse>"<STRONG>Exception EInOutError in module BEARHTML.DLL at 000B69E2.</STRONG></SPAN></P> <P><SPAN title=Oversættelse><STRONG>File access denied</STRONG>"</SPAN></P> <P><SPAN title=Oversættelse>BEARHTML.DLL is file version 2.7.6.0</SPAN></P> <P><SPAN title=Oversættelse>I have tried to update to <SPAN title=Oversættelse>BEARHTML.DLL file version 3.0.3.0, but now Pegasus "goes dead".</SPAN></SPAN></P> <P><SPAN title=Oversættelse><SPAN title=Oversættelse></SPAN></SPAN> </P>

Hello,

Could you please send me your Bearhtml.log. There are very few i/o operations that are not protected in the code.  One of them is Libtidy.dll which may not have been copied across with the rest of the Bear*.* files. Secondly, the Dll you are using is very far behind. Once you have cured the missing file problem I would recommend an upgrade at your earliest convenience.

Another suspicion is that you may not have an environmental variable set up for the Temp directory in Vista,  or maybe you cannot create a RmtFiles directory below your newmail directory, or the cache'ing files in the Rmtfile directory are pointing to the wrong directory.

HTH

Martin 

<p>Hello,</p><p>   Could you please send me your Bearhtml.log. There are very few i/o operations that are not protected in the code.  One of them is Libtidy.dll which may not have been copied across with the rest of the Bear*.* files. Secondly, the Dll you are using is very far behind. Once you have cured the missing file problem I would recommend an upgrade at your earliest convenience.</p><p>Another suspicion is that you may not have an environmental variable set up for the Temp directory in Vista,  or maybe you cannot create a RmtFiles directory below your newmail directory, or the cache'ing files in the Rmtfile directory are pointing to the wrong directory.</p><p> HTH</p><p>Martin </p><p>   </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft