Pegasus Mail Suggestions
MS Office365 Exchange

See discussion here .

Any chance of seeing PMail updated for compatibility with Exchange mail services per below?

Per GoDaddy:
"Update your settings to keep your email app access working.

There are email accounts in your organization using Basic Authentication, which Microsoft will no longer support after 06/16/2023. You'll still be able to access your email through your browser, but not from an email app, such as Outlook or Apple Mail - don't worry, none of your emails will be lost.

In order to continue using your email apps, you need to update your settings from POP/IMAP to Exchange for each device you use to check your email. This also applies to other users who are set up within your account using POP/IMAP settings. Here's how to update your email settings."

See discussion [url=https://community.pmail.com/index.php?u=/topic/11897/switch-pmail-to-ms-exchange-settings/post-55523/#post-55523]here [/url]. Any chance of seeing PMail updated for compatibility with Exchange mail services per below? Per GoDaddy: "Update your settings to keep your email app access working. There are email accounts in your organization using Basic Authentication, which Microsoft will no longer support after 06/16/2023. You'll still be able to access your email through your browser, but not from an email app, such as Outlook or Apple Mail - don't worry, none of your emails will be lost. In order to continue using your email apps, you need to **update your settings from POP/IMAP to Exchange** for each device you use to check your email. This also applies to other users who are set up within your account using POP/IMAP settings. Here's how to update your email settings."

Any chance of seeing PMail updated for compatibility with Exchange mail services per below?

Just for you to understand what this means: Here's what MS provides for developers with regard to their OAuth2 implementation requirements, if you download the PDF document it's more than 1,300 pages long, and that's not containing the code ...

[quote="pid:55525, uid:38982"]Any chance of seeing PMail updated for compatibility with Exchange mail services per below?[/quote] Just for you to understand what this means: [Here's what MS provides](https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/v2-oauth2-auth-code-flow) for developers with regard to their OAuth2 implementation requirements, if you download the PDF document it's more than 1,300 pages long, and that's not containing the code ...
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
edited Jun 4 '23 at 10:12 pm

I figure it would take some work, given it hasn't already been done. OAuth for Gmail is already done. MSO365 must cover a lot of real estate to be the next, IMO.

I figure it would take some work, given it hasn't already been done. OAuth for Gmail is already done. MSO365 must cover a lot of real estate to be the next, IMO.

OAuth for Gmail is already done.

Just don't forget that there's only a single person doing all this work (not to speak of other issues which are covered only partly by other people), and if taking a look at Pegasus Mail's history it's a matter of fact that OAuth2 was already mentioned in David Harris' October 2021 news while finally being released in January 2023 so maybe taking at least a year wouldn't be an inadequate assumption ...

MSO365 must cover a lot of real estate

Sure, but the vast majority of these are certainly using MSO's email client anyway since it's already there.

[quote="pid:55528, uid:38982"]OAuth for Gmail is already done.[/quote] Just don't forget that there's only a single person doing all this work (not to speak of other issues which are covered only partly by other people), and if taking a look at Pegasus Mail's history it's a matter of fact that OAuth2 was already mentioned in David Harris' [October 2021 news](https://www.pmail.com/devnews_archive.htm) while finally being [released in January 2023](https://www.pmail.com/betas.htm) so maybe taking at least a year wouldn't be an inadequate assumption ... [quote="pid:55528, uid:38982"]MSO365 must cover a lot of real estate[/quote] Sure, but the vast majority of these are certainly using MSO's email client anyway since it's already there.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
edited Jun 4 '23 at 10:33 pm

Michael, I get all that. But if I don't ask, I won't know, right? ;-)

But even the 2021 news states:
"I am working on OAUTH2 implementations for GMail and MS and will have them out as soon as possible."

So my questions remain:

• Is MS OAuth expected soon or at all?
  • Does the 4.81 OAuth2 update include compatability with MS Auth?

I ask not out of impatience; it's out of a need to know if I should wait or if I need to find a new host or ditch PMail.

Michael, I get all that. But if I don't ask, I won't know, right? ;-) But even the 2021 news states: "I am working on OAUTH2 implementations for GMail **and MS** and will have them out as soon as possible." So my questions remain: - Is MS OAuth expected soon or at all? - Does the 4.81 OAuth2 update include compatability with MS Auth? I ask not out of impatience; it's out of a need to know if I should wait or if I need to find a new host or ditch PMail.
edited Jun 5 '23 at 12:02 am

Sure, but the vast majority of these are certainly using MSO's email client anyway since it's already there.

Not if they use PMail ;-)

[quote="pid:55533, uid:2133"]Sure, but the vast majority of these are certainly using MSO's email client anyway since it's already there.[/quote] Not if they use PMail ;-)

Is MS OAuth expected soon or at all?

Certainly not soon and I don't have any further information.

Does the 4.81 OAuth2 update include compatability with MS Auth?

No, it doesn't since there's no default implementation intended by the creators, for details see David's rants.

[quote="pid:55535, uid:38982"]Is MS OAuth expected soon or at all?[/quote] Certainly not soon and I don't have any further information. [quote="pid:55535, uid:38982"]Does the 4.81 OAuth2 update include compatability with MS Auth?[/quote] No, it doesn't since there's no default implementation intended by the creators, for details see [David's rants](https://www.pmail.com/devnews.htm).
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
edited Jun 6 '23 at 12:00 am

No, it doesn't since there's now default implementation intended by the creators, for details see David's rants.

Yeah. I now see the issue. I'll take that as a "No" to both my questions, lol!

Thanks for the help :-)

[quote="pid:55539, uid:2133"]No, it doesn't since there's now default implementation intended by the creators, for details see David's rants.[/quote] Yeah. I now see the issue. I'll take that as a "No" to both my questions, lol! Thanks for the help :-)

Thanks for the help :-)

Yep, your welcome!

[quote="pid:55541, uid:38982"]Thanks for the help :-)[/quote] Yep, your welcome!
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft