Community Discussions and Support
office365

I have some domains hosted in Godaddy and they changed the mail server to office365
I have problems configurating pop3 and smtp server so as to send and download my mails
Any suggetions ?
Thanks
Roberto

I have some domains hosted in Godaddy and they changed the mail server to office365 I have problems configurating pop3 and smtp server so as to send and download my mails Any suggetions ? Thanks Roberto
edited Jun 8 '23 at 10:11 pm

There's a long thread about this issue just below yours.

There's a [long thread](https://community.pmail.com/index.php?u=/topic/11897/switch-pmail-to-ms-exchange-settings) about this issue just below yours.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

Put simply it appears that GoDaddy is going to be forcing all its users to switch to a MicroSoft Only solution. Isn't clearly spelled out, but from my reading of it - They are dropping all support for POP3, SMTP, and IMAP to move to what they have decided is a more secure setup. Some of the wording seems to say they are giving a like $50 value of email address for the first year, but I'd assume that would only be for 1st year, and seems to be for each mail user. Assume they are getting a percentage of that fee, so getting users switched to it now, but then having users pretty much locked in for future costs.

I might be wrong in my reading of info, but would recommend trying to get an answer from them in writing. I'm not a GoDaddy user, but sent a message asking for info, but think it was a short time ago. You as a paying customer might get a better answer. Looks like marketing people made the change rather than a tech reason.

Some are looking at going to other providers, some are looking to stay with GoDaddy for hosting, but moving email to a different provider that still supports POP3/SMTP/IMAP.

But would be sure to get the real cost for both the first, and later years.

Put simply it appears that GoDaddy is going to be forcing all its users to switch to a MicroSoft Only solution. Isn't clearly spelled out, but from my reading of it - They are dropping all support for POP3, SMTP, and IMAP to move to what they have decided is a more secure setup. Some of the wording seems to say they are giving a like $50 value of email address for the first year, but I'd assume that would only be for 1st year, and seems to be for each mail user. Assume they are getting a percentage of that fee, so getting users switched to it now, but then having users pretty much locked in for future costs. I might be wrong in my reading of info, but would recommend trying to get an answer from them in writing. I'm not a GoDaddy user, but sent a message asking for info, but think it was a short time ago. You as a paying customer might get a better answer. Looks like marketing people made the change rather than a tech reason. Some are looking at going to other providers, some are looking to stay with GoDaddy for hosting, but moving email to a different provider that still supports POP3/SMTP/IMAP. But would be sure to get the real cost for both the first, and later years.

mikes@guam.net

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft