Community Discussions and Support
Very slow opening folder COPYSELF

Hi
I have PM Version 4.80.1028 on Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
From yesterday is opening folder COPYSELF very slow.
It take about 10 min.
Whole PM is blocked this time.
I see that folder COPYSELF has 64004 messages.
File with this folder had size 337 MB.

When I delete 50 messages, it start open quickly.
Best regards
Martin

Hi I have PM Version 4.80.1028 on Windows 10 Pro 64bit. From yesterday is opening folder COPYSELF very slow. It take about 10 min. Whole PM is blocked this time. I see that folder COPYSELF has 64004 messages. File with this folder had size 337 MB. When I delete 50 messages, it start open quickly. Best regards Martin

When I delete 50 messages, it start open quickly.

I think that says it all. If you want to keep all 64004 messages I suggest renaming the current COPYSELF folder to something like COPYSELF_Archive, creating a new COPYSELF folder, and then setting the new folder as the destination for copies to self. You will need to set the new folder as the destination even if the folder name is the same (be sure to use the "Select folder" button).

As a side note, the copyself folder created by default is called "Copies to self". There is something unique about this folder that causes it to sort to the top of the folder list. I can provide details on how to restore that default folder if you are interested.

[quote="pid:55602, uid:4028"]When I delete 50 messages, it start open quickly.[/quote] I think that says it all. If you want to keep all 64004 messages I suggest renaming the current COPYSELF folder to something like COPYSELF_Archive, creating a new COPYSELF folder, and then setting the new folder as the destination for copies to self. You will need to set the new folder as the destination even if the folder name is the same (be sure to use the "Select folder" button). As a side note, the copyself folder created by default is called "Copies to self". There is something unique about this folder that causes it to sort to the top of the folder list. I can provide details on how to restore that default folder if you are interested.

Hi Brian
So there is some limit of number of messages in folder? I thought that only limit is 2GB size of folder.
Martin

Hi Brian So there is some limit of number of messages in folder? I thought that only limit is 2GB size of folder. Martin

AFAIK, just the 2GB file size limit. However, I suspect that listing +64,000 messages must be taxing on the system. The only other explanation I have for the display time increasing after deleting messages is that one of them was corrupted so was causing the problem.

We also know that folders can develop behavioral problems for which the only cure is to move the messages to a new folder and delete the problem one.

AFAIK, just the 2GB file size limit. However, I suspect that listing +64,000 messages must be taxing on the system. The only other explanation I have for the display time increasing after deleting messages is that one of them was corrupted so was causing the problem. We also know that folders can develop behavioral problems for which the only cure is to move the messages to a new folder and delete the problem one.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft