Community Discussions and Support
Setting up Gmail account on Pegasus with POP3

Up until now, when I have configured Pegasus using POP3 to receive e-mail for my Google Workspace account I needed a special Google account password. My Google Workspace password didn't work. I have always followed the instructions in this article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-an-email-account-to-outlook-6e27792a-9267-4aa4-8bb6-c84ef146101b

Today the "App Passwords" option is no longer an option in the Security section of Manage My Account.

Has this option moved to somewhere else? How can I create the needed a a password?

Up until now, when I have configured Pegasus using POP3 to receive e-mail for my Google Workspace account I needed a special Google account password. My Google Workspace password didn't work. I have always followed the instructions in this article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-an-email-account-to-outlook-6e27792a-9267-4aa4-8bb6-c84ef146101b Today the "App Passwords" option is no longer an option in the Security section of Manage My Account. Has this option moved to somewhere else? How can I create the needed a a password?

Larry Hess CPA | Albuquerque NM

I don't know anything about Google Workspace but I have just confirmed that the option to create an app password for access to Gmail still exists in my "Manage your Google account" options. It is under Security > 2-Step Verification (at the very bottom).

I don't know anything about Google Workspace but I have just confirmed that the option to create an app password for access to Gmail still exists in my "Manage your Google account" options. It is under Security > 2-Step Verification (at the very bottom).

I just remembered that 2-step verification must be enabled in order for the app password option to be available.

I just remembered that 2-step verification must be enabled in order for the app password option to be available.

Yes! I found it. It's on the same page as the 2-step authentication page that shows the different methods of 2SV. I was looking for it on the Security page under "How you sign in to Google."

Yes! I found it. It's on the same page as the 2-step authentication page that shows the different methods of 2SV. I was looking for it on the Security page under "How you sign in to Google."

Larry Hess CPA | Albuquerque NM

Just another issue with the app password. If one changes the regular google password, it invalidates any app passwords, so they have to be redone.

Just that that could cause an issue with it working, and then suddenly stopping with no change to Pegasus setup.

Just another issue with the app password. If one changes the regular google password, it invalidates any app passwords, so they have to be redone. Just that that could cause an issue with it working, and then suddenly stopping with no change to Pegasus setup.

mikes@guam.net

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft