Community Discussions and Support
Weirdness in Window menu list

Using Pegasus Mail 4.81.1154 and IERenderer 2.7.1.1 here, and one of my users noticed a bug in the Window menu in Pegasus.

With IERenderer enabled, closing any window, such as starting to compose a message and cancelling it, leaves an empty entry in the Window list. Closing the Folders window also causes it.
64b82ca24194c

If IERenderer is disabled, it's different. Start to compose a message, and check the Window list, and the new window is not there. Click on a different window, and check the list, the new windows shows in the list. Click back on the new message window, and cancel the message and the entry stays in the list even though the window is now gone. Close all windows and the list is now empty. But, opening Windows now causes no entries to appear in the Window list.

Closing Pegasus at that point, leaves the icon in the task bar until you hover over it, and re-launching Pegasus shows the "Mailbox is locked" dialog.

When IERenderer is enabled, closing Pegasus doesn't seem to cause any issues.

Can anybody else reproduce this?

Regards,
Tony

Using Pegasus Mail 4.81.1154 and IERenderer 2.7.1.1 here, and one of my users noticed a bug in the Window menu in Pegasus. With IERenderer enabled, closing any window, such as starting to compose a message and cancelling it, leaves an empty entry in the Window list. Closing the Folders window also causes it. ![64b82ca24194c](serve/attachment&path=64b82ca24194c) If IERenderer is disabled, it's different. Start to compose a message, and check the Window list, and the new window is not there. Click on a different window, and check the list, the new windows shows in the list. Click back on the new message window, and cancel the message and the entry stays in the list even though the window is now gone. Close all windows and the list is now empty. But, opening Windows now causes no entries to appear in the Window list. Closing Pegasus at that point, leaves the icon in the task bar until you hover over it, and re-launching Pegasus shows the "Mailbox is locked" dialog. When IERenderer is enabled, closing Pegasus doesn't seem to cause any issues. Can anybody else reproduce this? Regards, Tony

With IERenderer enabled, closing any window, such as starting to compose a message and cancelling it, leaves an empty entry in the Window list

Confirmed! Closing any window leaves an empty entry in the Window menu whenever IER 2.7.1.1 is enabled. This does not happen when IER is disabled.

If IERenderer is disabled, it's different. Start to compose a message, and check the Window list, and the new window is not there. Click on a different window, and check the list, the new windows shows in the list. Click back on the new message window, and cancel the message and the entry stays in the list even though the window is now gone. Close all windows and the list is now empty. But, opening Windows now causes no entries to appear in the Window list.

I can't duplicate this. The Window menu behavior is as expected when IER is disabled. Window entries come and go as windows are opened and closed.

Closing Pegasus at that point, leaves the icon in the task bar until you hover over it, and re-launching Pegasus shows the "Mailbox is locked" dialog.

I can't duplicate this either, assuming this is when IER is disabled. The description makes me think that Pegasus Mail is minimizing instead of shutting down although Win10 and Win11 throw a kink in discussions about the taskbar since it can contain both running programs and shortcuts to programs not running. The "Mailbox is locked" dialog indicates that it is either still running, or it abended on shutdown. I suggest retesting this behavior after restarting the PC.

[quote="pid:55654, uid:5678"]With IERenderer enabled, closing any window, such as starting to compose a message and cancelling it, leaves an empty entry in the Window list[/quote] Confirmed! Closing any window leaves an empty entry in the Window menu whenever IER 2.7.1.1 is enabled. This does not happen when IER is disabled. [quote="pid:55654, uid:5678"]If IERenderer is disabled, it's different. Start to compose a message, and check the Window list, and the new window is not there. Click on a different window, and check the list, the new windows shows in the list. Click back on the new message window, and cancel the message and the entry stays in the list even though the window is now gone. Close all windows and the list is now empty. But, opening Windows now causes no entries to appear in the Window list.[/quote] I can't duplicate this. The Window menu behavior is as expected when IER is disabled. Window entries come and go as windows are opened and closed. [quote="pid:55654, uid:5678"]Closing Pegasus at that point, leaves the icon in the task bar until you hover over it, and re-launching Pegasus shows the "Mailbox is locked" dialog.[/quote] I can't duplicate this either, assuming this is when IER is disabled. The description makes me think that Pegasus Mail is minimizing instead of shutting down although Win10 and Win11 throw a kink in discussions about the taskbar since it can contain both running programs and shortcuts to programs not running. The "Mailbox is locked" dialog indicates that it is either still running, or it abended on shutdown. I suggest retesting this behavior after restarting the PC.

I restarted this afternoon, and all the other weirdness still happens for me with IERenderer disabled. Perhaps a difference in our two environments; I'm still using a Novell server here. I only disabled IERenderer to see if the empty entries still occurred; I normally keep it enabled.

Regards,
Tony

I restarted this afternoon, and all the other weirdness still happens for me with IERenderer disabled. Perhaps a difference in our two environments; I'm still using a Novell server here. I only disabled IERenderer to see if the empty entries still occurred; I normally keep it enabled. Regards, Tony

This is really funny: It's certainly part of the oldest code in IER which I actually cloned from my encryption add-ons for fixing some weirdness in Pegasus Mail's Window menu's window list and nobody ever noticed before. I didn't in particular because running Pegasus Mail always along with my PGP extension which apparently worked flawlessly so I could only duplicate the blank menu items after disabling it. I've modified the code now for preventing this from occuring in upcoming versions.

This is really funny: It's certainly part of the oldest code in IER which I actually cloned from my encryption add-ons for fixing some weirdness in Pegasus Mail's Window menu's window list and nobody ever noticed before. I didn't in particular because running Pegasus Mail always along with my PGP extension which apparently worked flawlessly so I could only duplicate the blank menu items after disabling it. I've modified the code now for preventing this from occuring in upcoming versions.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

PS: I've finally removed my code since it doesn't seem to be required anymore.

This is really funny: It's certainly part of the oldest code in IER which I actually cloned from my encryption add-ons for fixing some weirdness in Pegasus Mail's Window menu's window list and nobody ever noticed before. I didn't in particular because running Pegasus Mail always along with my PGP extension which apparently worked flawlessly so I could only duplicate the blank menu items after disabling it. I've modified the code now for preventing this from occuring in upcoming versions. PS: I've finally removed my code since it doesn't seem to be required anymore.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
edited Jul 21 '23 at 5:47 am
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft