Community Discussions and Support
Reply/Forward Sent email issue

Reply/Forward Sent email issue.
case 1:
I start new email and send it out after I reply/forward this email from sent folder and no any format problem.
case 2:
I reply/forward a email in "New Mail" folder after I reply/foward thie email from sent folder and I got some format issue in this email...this will show "?" into "space", something like that:

---
To: xxx@xxx.com
Copies to: xxxx@xxxx.com
Subject: Re: xxxxx
Date sent: Web, 26 Jul 2023

Hi,

This is a test 2.

Regards,
Buyer
---
To:xx@xx.com,
????????"xxxx" <xxxx@xxxx.com>,
Subject:xxxxx

Hi,
?
?
This is a test 1.
?
?
Regards,
Buyer
?

I also hope you can fix this issue.

Regards,
Buyer

Reply/Forward Sent email issue. case 1: I start new email and send it out after I reply/forward this email from sent folder and no any format problem. case 2: I reply/forward a email in &quot;New Mail&quot; folder after I reply/foward thie email from sent folder and I got some format issue in this email...this will show &quot;?&quot; into &quot;space&quot;, something like that: ```` --- From: xx@xxx.com To: xxx@xxx.com Copies to: xxxx@xxxx.com Subject: Re: xxxxx Date sent: Web, 26 Jul 2023 Hi, This is a test 2. Regards, Buyer --- From:xxx@xxx.com To:xx@xx.com, ????????&quot;xxxx&quot; &lt;xxxx@xxxx.com&gt;, Subject:xxxxx Hi, ? ? This is a test 1. ? ? Regards, Buyer ? ```` I also hope you can fix this issue. Regards, Buyer

Not that I would understand what you're doing there, but what's your setting on Tools > Options > Advanced settings > Default MIME character set? UTF-8 would be recommended.

64c26ae2b37c0

Not that I would understand what you&#039;re doing there, but what&#039;s your setting on Tools &gt; Options &gt; Advanced settings &gt; Default MIME character set? UTF-8 would be recommended. ![64c26ae2b37c0](serve/attachment&amp;path=64c26ae2b37c0)
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

UTF-8 would be recommended.

Yes, my setting also is UTF-8
-
Technically, the email will include header information when you reply to email. So, the header information will be more than one when you reply to email.
The question is:
I reply/forward to an email in the "Sent" folder(copy-to-self), I found that the format of the second header information is gone...sometimes, it will be show "?" on the new lines or space in the content includes header information.

Regards,
Buyer

[quote=&quot;pid:55682, uid:2133&quot;]UTF-8 would be recommended.[/quote] Yes, my setting also is UTF-8 - Technically, the email will include header information when you reply to email. So, the header information will be more than one when you reply to email. The question is: I reply/forward to an email in the &quot;Sent&quot; folder(copy-to-self), I found that the format of the second header information is gone...sometimes, it will be show &quot;?&quot; on the new lines or space in the content includes header information. Regards, Buyer

I struggling to understand what you are doing and what it happening so let me make some comments in the hopes that one of them will be of value.

First, I don't understand why you would ever reply to a copy-to-self so I am going to assume you are talking about a forward, or perhaps a resend.

Comment 1:
When doing a forward, if you select the option "Edit or make changes to the message...", the body of the message will include the headers of the source message. That is by design. They can be removed if you want.

Comment 2:
A copy-to-self version of a message was originally designed solely as a record. It did not maintain attachments or images. The 4.81 beta version has expanded that to include the following copy-to-self format options:

• Reloadable (the current standard): Able to be reloaded and re-sent.
  • Final form: Not as reloadable, but a more accurate representation of what the recipient would see, including attachments and pasted graphics.
  • Both: Two copies to self are made, one in the reloadable form, the other, displayed in a pale blue colour, in the final form.

Perhaps the Final Form version would be suitable to your needs.

I struggling to understand what you are doing and what it happening so let me make some comments in the hopes that one of them will be of value. First, I don&#039;t understand why you would ever reply to a copy-to-self so I am going to assume you are talking about a forward, or perhaps a resend. Comment 1: When doing a forward, if you select the option &quot;Edit or make changes to the message...&quot;, the body of the message will include the headers of the source message. That is by design. They can be removed if you want. Comment 2: A copy-to-self version of a message was originally designed solely as a record. It did not maintain attachments or images. The 4.81 beta version has expanded that to include the following copy-to-self format options: - **Reloadable** (the current standard): Able to be reloaded and re-sent. - **Final form**: Not as reloadable, but a more accurate representation of what the recipient would see, including attachments and pasted graphics. - **Both**: Two copies to self are made, one in the reloadable form, the other, displayed in a pale blue colour, in the final form. Perhaps the Final Form version would be suitable to your needs.

Make sure to enable formatting options on Tools > Options > Message formatting, i.e. don't check any of the options shown there which would disable them. Since I don't have your samples available I took a spam message containing Chinese characters and it appears to work: Formatting will take care of font settings to be properly carried over to new messages.

64c3b27e4d5e2

PS: And enable For replies to HTML, preserve original's formatting in Pegasus Mail's reply options dialog so it will do the same with forwarded messages as well. If you don't do all of this, you might still see everything in formatted style in your editor but the outgoing message might not keep the formatting anymore. And what I don't know is whether this would work with plain text messages at all no matter at which point they come into play.

Make sure to enable formatting options on Tools &gt; Options &gt; Message formatting, i.e. _don&#039;t check_ any of the options shown there which would disable them. Since I don&#039;t have your samples available I took a spam message containing Chinese characters and it appears to work: Formatting will take care of font settings to be properly carried over to new messages. ![64c3b27e4d5e2](serve/attachment&amp;path=64c3b27e4d5e2) PS: And enable _For replies to HTML, preserve original&#039;s formatting_ in Pegasus Mail&#039;s reply options dialog so it will do the same with forwarded messages as well. If you don&#039;t do all of this, you might still see everything in formatted style in your editor but the outgoing message might not keep the formatting anymore. And what I don&#039;t know is whether this would work with plain text messages at all no matter at which point they come into play.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
edited Jul 28 '23 at 1:30 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft