Community Discussions and Support
Pegasus pop-ups not on same screen

I have Pegasus mail on monitor 2 but all pop-ups such as confirmation or error messages appear on monitor 1.

Is there a way to have both appear on the same screen?

I have Pegasus mail on monitor 2 but all pop-ups such as confirmation or error messages appear on monitor 1. Is there a way to have both appear on the same screen?

First let me issue this warning...

Pegasus Mail is not aware of monitor boundaries. It keeps track of each of its windows size and screen coordinates internally. After having its display on a 2nd monitor, you will encounter problems if you ever have to run it on a single monitor. It will be opening its windows at their saved coordinates which will be offscreen. It will think those windows are open even though there is no monitor at those coordinates.

If you choose to continue displaying it on the 2nd monitor, there is no setting within Pegasus Mail that will force popups to open there. You can try moving popup windows to the 2nd monitor but I don't know whether such moves will stick or whether it will stick for some popups but not for others.

First let me issue this warning... Pegasus Mail is not aware of monitor boundaries. It keeps track of each of its windows size and screen coordinates internally. After having its display on a 2nd monitor, you will encounter problems if you ever have to run it on a single monitor. It will be opening its windows at their saved coordinates which will be offscreen. It will think those windows are open even though there is no monitor at those coordinates. If you choose to continue displaying it on the 2nd monitor, there is no setting within Pegasus Mail that will force popups to open there. You can try moving popup windows to the 2nd monitor but I don't know whether such moves will stick or whether it will stick for some popups but not for others.

Hi Brian, thank you for posting a reply.
I've tried moving pop-ups but when next they appear, they are back where they were before.

Hi Brian, thank you for posting a reply. I've tried moving pop-ups but when next they appear, they are back where they were before.

I've tried moving pop-ups but when next they appear, they are back where they were before.

Thanks for posting with that information. On a related note, it appears that most menu item windows can be positioned but there are some that can't. Two that I know of that always open in the same position are Addresses > User management and Edit > Find text. I'm sure there are more.

[quote="pid:55697, uid:31388"]I've tried moving pop-ups but when next they appear, they are back where they were before.[/quote] Thanks for posting with that information. On a related note, it appears that most menu item windows can be positioned but there are some that can't. Two that I know of that always open in the same position are Addresses > User management and Edit > Find text. I'm sure there are more.

When loading Pegasus, the flash screen is on monitor 1 but because I'd previously moved the main program to monitor 2, that is where the main program opens, but all pop-ups open on the boot screen. Is there a way to load Pegasus' flash screen (or any other program for that matter) on a specific monitor? That would probably solve the issue.

When loading Pegasus, the flash screen is on monitor 1 but because I'd previously moved the main program to monitor 2, that is where the main program opens, but all pop-ups open on the boot screen. Is there a way to load Pegasus' flash screen (or any other program for that matter) on a specific monitor? That would probably solve the issue.
edited Aug 3 '23 at 2:16 pm

I don't know about other programs but definitely not with Pegasus Mail. As already determined, some of its windows will maintain their moved location, some won't.

If you are running it on a second monitor just so you can keep an eye on it, there are numerous ways to have it run minimized and be alerted of newly arrived messages (eg: an animated tray icon, a telltale window, a popup notification triggered by a filter). I say this in a final attempt to save you some grief should you ever be in a situation where you need to run Pegasus Mail on a single monitor. It will startup, but you won't see it because its main window will be offscreen, at coordinates where a second monitor once was.

I don't know about other programs but definitely not with Pegasus Mail. As already determined, some of its windows will maintain their moved location, some won't. If you are running it on a second monitor just so you can keep an eye on it, there are numerous ways to have it run minimized and be alerted of newly arrived messages (eg: an animated tray icon, a telltale window, a popup notification triggered by a filter). I say this in a final attempt to save you some grief should you ever be in a situation where you need to run Pegasus Mail on a single monitor. It will startup, but you won't see it because its main window will be offscreen, at coordinates where a second monitor once was.

In my work situation, the convenience of having Pegasus open and visible at all times is certainly worth the risk of having a second monitor pack up (will just have to borrow a monitor and then move the program onto monitor 1). Thanks for your input - much appreciated.

In my work situation, the convenience of having Pegasus open and visible at all times is certainly worth the risk of having a second monitor pack up (will just have to borrow a monitor and then move the program onto monitor 1). Thanks for your input - much appreciated.

Is there any way to reset the locations? I can not use the 'move mail' function, for example, because the pop-up pops-up off screen.

Is there any way to reset the locations? I can not use the 'move mail' function, for example, because the pop-up pops-up off screen.

Referring to the discussion on STATE.PMJ, I was wondering whether my issue with some pop-ups appearing on monitor 1 while Pegasus is on monitor 2 can be sorted if one could get a breakdown of the meaning of all the numbers in STATE.PMJ and to which window each applies.

Referring to the discussion on STATE.PMJ, I was wondering whether my issue with some pop-ups appearing on monitor 1 while Pegasus is on monitor 2 can be sorted if one could get a breakdown of the meaning of all the numbers in STATE.PMJ and to which window each applies.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft