Community Discussions and Support
Exporting Mail

> I find myself in the unfortunate position of having to
> re-install Windows :-( I want to export my mail and folder
> structure to a file and then re-import it to my new install
> of Pegasus. I guess this would be the same process as if I
> were making a backup but I can't see any way to do this.
> Thanks.
>

1.  Use Help | About Pegasus Mail | Info and note all the
    directories.  This is the directory structure you want to
    backup.

2.  Use the Windows backup program to backup the entire
    structure. In the multiuser made this means you'll have to
    backup the top level structure to get all the user
    directories. You can simply ZIP these directories to a
    CDROM, network drive, etc. and restore on the other end as well.

3.  Restore this to the new system install.  

Note:

A.  If you are using a CDROM for backup make sure that the
    files did not get marked read only.  Use Explorer and check
    the file properties.

B.  If you changed drive letters then run pconfig.exe and
    change the drive letter of the home and new mail directory
    to match the new location. You also should check the
    Mailbox: line in the *.PND files and make sure it's blank.

C.  If you want to upgrade in the process do it after you transfer
    the files and install it over the old installation using exactly
    the same directory structure and options.

> I find myself in the unfortunate position of having to > re-install Windows :-( I want to export my mail and folder > structure to a file and then re-import it to my new install > of Pegasus. I guess this would be the same process as if I > were making a backup but I can't see any way to do this. > Thanks. > 1.  Use Help | About Pegasus Mail | Info and note all the     directories.  This is the directory structure you want to     backup. 2.  Use the Windows backup program to backup the entire     structure. In the multiuser made this means you'll have to     backup the top level structure to get all the user     directories. You can simply ZIP these directories to a     CDROM, network drive, etc. and restore on the other end as well. 3.  Restore this to the new system install.   Note: A.  If you are using a CDROM for backup make sure that the     files did not get marked read only.  Use Explorer and check     the file properties. B.  If you changed drive letters then run pconfig.exe and     change the drive letter of the home and new mail directory     to match the new location. You also should check the     Mailbox: line in the *.PND files and make sure it's blank. C.  If you want to upgrade in the process do it after you transfer     the files and install it over the old installation using exactly     the same directory structure and options.

I find myself in the unfortunate position of having to re-install Windows :-(

I want to export my mail and folder structure to a file and then re-import it to my new install of Pegasus.

I guess this wouldbe the same process as if I were making a backup but I can't see any way to do this.

Thanks.

I find myself in the unfortunate position of having to re-install Windows :-( I want to export my mail and folder structure to a file and then re-import it to my new install of Pegasus. I guess this wouldbe the same process as if I were making a backup but I can't see any way to do this. Thanks.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft