Community Discussions and Support
Open Hyperlinks in Background

Today 9/6/23 hyperlinks are opening immediately rather than in background. Have not changed any settings. This has never happened before.
Updated ierendere yesterday.
Went back to 2.7.1.1 (hypers opened in background in browser as normal but then went to opening immediately again)

Today 9/6/23 hyperlinks are opening immediately rather than in background. Have not changed any settings. This has never happened before. Updated ierendere yesterday. Went back to 2.7.1.1 (hypers opened in background in browser as normal but then went to opening immediately again)
edited Sep 7 '23 at 12:02 am

I'm sorry, but it's confusing what your writing, I don't understand what happens after reverting to the previous IER version. But anyway, hyperlinks are supposed to only open in background if the CTRL key is held down while clicking. What Windows version is yours?

I'm sorry, but it's confusing what your writing, I don't understand what happens after reverting to the previous IER version. But anyway, hyperlinks are supposed to *only* open in background if the CTRL key is held down while clicking. What Windows version is yours?
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

Yes, my hyperlinks opened in background until updated to newest IERenderer. Went back to previous version 2.7.1.1 and links opened in background for a few times then also opened in browser immediately. Have gone back to 2.7.1.0 and opening in background so far.

I have never used the CTRL key whild clicking and it always (before yesterday) opened link in background.

Really cannot understand why this would happen.

P.S. Well, heck 2.7.1.0 won't do it either. Once again opening immediately....

P.S.S Just tried..... CTRL ..... opens in background smile

But why on earth would simple click on link change???

I have not changed any settings in pegasus (have been using since the 90's)

Yes, my hyperlinks opened in background until updated to newest IERenderer. Went back to previous version 2.7.1.1 and links opened in background for a few times then also opened in browser immediately. Have gone back to 2.7.1.0 and opening in background so far. I have never used the CTRL key whild clicking and it always (before yesterday) opened link in background. Really cannot understand why this would happen. P.S. Well, heck 2.7.1.0 won't do it either. Once again opening immediately.... P.S.S Just tried..... CTRL ..... opens in background :) But why on earth would simple click on link change??? I have not changed any settings in pegasus (have been using since the 90's)
edited Sep 7 '23 at 4:57 pm

P.S.S Just tried..... CTRL ..... opens in background smile

But why on earth would simple click on link change???

I have not changed any settings in pegasus (have been using since the 90's)

I really don't know: I can only say that I had my fights with Windows to finally figure out a more or less reliable way to get it working in IER although according to MS' docs it should by quite easy ... :-/

[quote="pid:55877, uid:36068"]P.S.S Just tried..... CTRL ..... opens in background smile But why on earth would simple click on link change??? I have not changed any settings in pegasus (have been using since the 90's)[/quote] I really don't know: I can only say that I had my fights with Windows to finally figure out a more or less reliable way to get it working in IER although according to MS' docs it should by quite easy ... :-/
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

I don't recall ever having a link open a browser in the background, or leave a background browser in the background. I have just now tested using four different versions of IER and all have brought the browser to the foreground when opening links. My current default browser is Slimjet but I have also had Firefox, Vivaldi, and Brave set as the default browser.

Have you done a cold boot to rule out an anomaly with the current Windows session?

I don't recall ever having a link open a browser in the background, or leave a background browser in the background. I have just now tested using four different versions of IER and all have brought the browser to the foreground when opening links. My current default browser is Slimjet but I have also had Firefox, Vivaldi, and Brave set as the default browser. Have you done a cold boot to rule out an anomaly with the current Windows session?

Did a cold start
Mine has always opened in background with just a click on hyperlink (interesting...yes???)
Using Win 7 (do not like 10, 11)
Peg version: 4.80.1028

This is very strange indeed and perplexing.

Did a cold start Mine has always opened in background with just a click on hyperlink (interesting...yes???) Using Win 7 (do not like 10, 11) Peg version: 4.80.1028 This is very strange indeed and perplexing.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft