Community Discussions and Support
getting error "Core: Error getting mailbox information for MercAdm" when doing an enumerate list

We recently set up a new installation and when I enumerate a list it will run once but subsequent attempts fail with the following errors.

The core process window shows “* Transient error - job deferred for later processing.”

The mercury system messages window shows “Core: Error getting mailbox information for MercAdm”

MercAdm is an alias with the mercury software that point to an email address that is valid.

We recently set up a new installation and when I enumerate a list it will run once but subsequent attempts fail with the following errors. The core process window shows “* Transient error - job deferred for later processing.” The mercury system messages window shows “Core: Error getting mailbox information for MercAdm” MercAdm is an alias with the mercury software that point to an email address that is valid.

I saw your post a few day ago, but wasn't sure what you were doing, so I didn't reply. Since nobody has replied still, I'll try to get the ball rolling...assuming you haven't already resolved the issue.

Are you saying you are sending a message to maiser@your_local_domain with the body containing:
ENUMERATE list_name
and you receive the email with the list members the first time and it fails on subsequent attempts from the same email address?

The error messages seem to indicate that Mercury isn't able to resolve the MercAdm address to a mail box. Can you send messages to MercAdm?

You are sending the request FROM MercAdm? Aliases are used for receiving mail, but I don't think you can alias a sender. (Somebody correct me if that's not right.)

Regards,
Tony

I saw your post a few day ago, but wasn't sure what you were doing, so I didn't reply. Since nobody has replied still, I'll try to get the ball rolling...assuming you haven't already resolved the issue. Are you saying you are sending a message to maiser@_your_local_domain_ with the body containing: ENUMERATE _list_name_ and you receive the email with the list members the first time and it fails on subsequent attempts from the same email address? The error messages seem to indicate that Mercury isn't able to resolve the MercAdm address to a mail box. Can you send messages to MercAdm? You are sending the request FROM MercAdm? Aliases are used for receiving mail, but I don't think you can alias a sender. (Somebody correct me if that's not right.) Regards, Tony
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft