Community Discussions and Support
Problem with pop-up window

Hi all,

I have a problem that somehow must have come up with using two monitors, or maybe some other reason I do not know (but it occured also with another program in a similar way).

I seems that in some cases (concrete: when I want to create a new folder in my mailbox or also, when I get asked if I want a copy of my outgoing mail) the pop-up window must be displayed somwhere, but not on my visible monitor. Pmail gives a "gong" goes in the background and every klick on the screen leads to another "gong". In the two cases the pop-up window for the folder to be created, or the folder where it should be saved, respectively should appear on the screen. When I type <esc> the pmail screen returns to normal.

However, not all pop-ups from inside pmail have the same behavior.

Any clue? Thanks for any help.

Peter

Hi all, I have a problem that somehow must have come up with using two monitors, or maybe some other reason I do not know (but it occured also with another program in a similar way). I seems that in some cases (concrete: when I want to create a new folder in my mailbox or also, when I get asked if I want a copy of my outgoing mail) the pop-up window must be displayed somwhere, but not on my visible monitor. Pmail gives a &quot;gong&quot; goes in the background and every klick on the screen leads to another &quot;gong&quot;. In the two cases the pop-up window for the folder to be created, or the folder where it should be saved, respectively should appear on the screen. When I type &lt;esc&gt; the pmail screen returns to normal. However, not all pop-ups from inside pmail have the same behavior. Any clue? Thanks for any help. Peter

I believe that it is opening offscreen as you suspect. What I am recommending applies to the popup when creating a new message. I don't know if it also applies to the copyself popup.

The popup window coordinates are stored in STATE.PMJ.

• With Pegasus Mail closed, make a safety copy of it and then open in with a text editor.
  • Search for this section: [NAMERF]. It will contain an entry "Default=" which contains the coordinates. You should see some absurd values. Use these instead: DEFAULT=250,214,600,588
  • Save then close.
  • Start Pegasus Mail and test.

Hope that helps.

I believe that it is opening offscreen as you suspect. What I am recommending applies to the popup when creating a new message. I don&#039;t know if it also applies to the copyself popup. The popup window coordinates are stored in STATE.PMJ. - With Pegasus Mail closed, make a safety copy of it and then open in with a text editor. - Search for this section: [NAMERF]. It will contain an entry &quot;Default=&quot; which contains the coordinates. You should see some absurd values. Use these instead: DEFAULT=250,214,600,588 - Save then close. - Start Pegasus Mail and test. Hope that helps.

Hi Brian,

thanks for the hint.
The new Mailfolder worked with the [NAMEREF].
For the saving of the Reply it was the [SOLREF], which I found by trial and error.

Wonder how these got screwed up like that.

Thanks much!

Peter

Hi Brian, thanks for the hint. The new Mailfolder worked with the [NAMEREF]. For the saving of the Reply it was the [SOLREF], which I found by trial and error. Wonder how these got screwed up like that. Thanks much! Peter

I am glad you have it sorted out.

Wonder how these got screwed up like that.

The logical explanation is that the popups were last on the second monitor resulting in invalid screen coordinates for a single monitor. Misplaced windows have also happened without a second monitor. The cause of those remains a mystery.

I am glad you have it sorted out. [quote=&quot;pid:55955, uid:11730&quot;]Wonder how these got screwed up like that.[/quote] The logical explanation is that the popups were last on the second monitor resulting in invalid screen coordinates for a single monitor. Misplaced windows have also happened without a second monitor. The cause of those remains a mystery.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft