Community Discussions and Support
Download messages with alias to specific folders?

Thanks to All. I've managed to get filtering to work and setup folder structures for each of 2 email identities used by wifey. Now she gets nothing in 'New Mail' and has to look at the unread color flag in the import folders, then delete or move mail to a relevant folder. At least if she doesn't do that, all her mail is now in 2 folders instead of one.

One question: Are the filtering options executed hierarchical? i.e if I put a global filter at the start of the list e.g to delete spam mail, is that mail filtered first then those further down? Conversely if a global filter is put at the end of the list is that filtered last?

Thanks to All. I've managed to get filtering to work and setup folder structures for each of 2 email identities used by wifey. Now she gets nothing in 'New Mail' and has to look at the unread color flag in the import folders, then delete or move mail to a relevant folder. At least if she doesn't do that, all her mail is now in 2 folders instead of one. One question: Are the filtering options executed hierarchical? i.e if I put a global filter at the start of the list e.g to delete spam mail, is that mail filtered first then those further down? Conversely if a global filter is put at the end of the list is that filtered last?

One question: Are the filtering options executed hierarchical? i.e if I put a global filter at the start of the list e.g to delete spam mail, is that mail filtered first then those further down? Conversely if a global filter is put at the end of the list is that filtered last?

Yes, filter rules are processed in the order they are listed. Filter processing stops when a message is deleted, moved to a folder, an exit command is encountered, or the rule list ends.

There are a number of different filters types. Their hierarchy is:

POP3 server-side filters
Spamhalter
Content Control
New Mail filters

[quote="pid:56029, uid:31387"]One question: Are the filtering options executed hierarchical? i.e if I put a global filter at the start of the list e.g to delete spam mail, is that mail filtered first then those further down? Conversely if a global filter is put at the end of the list is that filtered last?[/quote] Yes, filter rules are processed in the order they are listed. Filter processing stops when a message is deleted, moved to a folder, an exit command is encountered, or the rule list ends. There are a number of different filters types. Their hierarchy is: POP3 server-side filters Spamhalter Content Control New Mail filters
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft