Community Discussions and Support
Saving message composer font settings

Hello The Forum,
Wondering if there is a way to Save my preferred font settings in the Pegasus Mail message composition box?
When I start a new message (or reply to a message) the font defaults to Courier New size 10. I know I can select other fonts and change the font-size, but I'd love to be able to set at the very least font-size 12 instead of 10...
All and any help most welcome.

Satch

Hello The Forum, Wondering if there is a way to Save my preferred font settings in the Pegasus Mail message composition box? When I start a new message (or reply to a message) the font defaults to Courier New size 10. I know I can select other fonts and change the font-size, but I'd love to be able to set at the very least font-size 12 instead of 10... All and any help most welcome. Satch
edited Oct 6 '23 at 4:12 pm

Not sure were exactly it gets set.
In preview mode messages / fonts shows 3 options for me.
List of folders DejaVu Serif 16
List of Messages DejaVu Serif 16
Preview area FreeSerif.12

If in New message same messages / fonts shows just 1 option to select font and defaults to
DejaVu Serif 12 as the default font.

In my PMAIL.INI File.
cat PMAIL.INI | grep -i font
Font to use in message reader = FreeSerif, 12, 0
Font to use in message editor = DejaVu Serif, 12, 0
Font to use in folder browser = DejaVu Serif, 16, 0
Font to use for printing = DejaVu Serif, 14, 0
Font to use in folder manager window = DejaVu Serif, 16, 0

Font to use in message reader = DejaVu Serif, 12, 0
Font to use in message editor = DejaVu Serif, 14, 0
Font to use in folder browser = DejaVu Serif, 16, 0
Font to use for printing = DejaVu Serif, 14, 0
Font to use in folder manager window = DejaVu Serif, 16, 0

I've got my regular settings under
[Pegasus Mail for Windows]
and gmail options under
[WinPMail Identity - Gmail]

Seems to be the Font to use in the message editor.
With default identity I get the 12, and with gmail get the 14.

In looking it seems to be Tools / Options / Incoming / Message Reader
Set Font??
But on mine is is showing the DejaVu Serif 14 even with the default identity?

So, would look at what you have in PMAIL.INI with Pegasus closed.

Perhaps others would have more details.

Not sure were exactly it gets set. In preview mode messages / fonts shows 3 options for me. List of folders DejaVu Serif 16 List of Messages DejaVu Serif 16 Preview area FreeSerif.12 If in New message same messages / fonts shows just 1 option to select font and defaults to DejaVu Serif 12 as the default font. In my PMAIL.INI File. cat PMAIL.INI | grep -i font Font to use in message reader = FreeSerif, 12, 0 Font to use in message editor = DejaVu Serif, 12, 0 Font to use in folder browser = DejaVu Serif, 16, 0 Font to use for printing = DejaVu Serif, 14, 0 Font to use in folder manager window = DejaVu Serif, 16, 0 Font to use in message reader = DejaVu Serif, 12, 0 Font to use in message editor = DejaVu Serif, 14, 0 Font to use in folder browser = DejaVu Serif, 16, 0 Font to use for printing = DejaVu Serif, 14, 0 Font to use in folder manager window = DejaVu Serif, 16, 0 I've got my regular settings under [Pegasus Mail for Windows] and gmail options under [WinPMail Identity - Gmail] Seems to be the Font to use in the message editor. With default identity I get the 12, and with gmail get the 14. In looking it seems to be Tools / Options / Incoming / Message Reader Set Font?? But on mine is is showing the DejaVu Serif 14 even with the default identity? So, would look at what you have in PMAIL.INI with Pegasus closed. Perhaps others would have more details.

mikes@guam.net

When I start a new message (or reply to a message) the font defaults to Courier New size 10. I know I can select other fonts and change the font-size, but I'd love to be able to set at the very least font-size 12 instead of 10...

With a composition window open, go to Message > Font and set it there.

[quote="pid:56001, uid:37676"]When I start a new message (or reply to a message) the font defaults to Courier New size 10. I know I can select other fonts and change the font-size, but I'd love to be able to set at the very least font-size 12 instead of 10...[/quote] With a composition window open, go to Message > Font and set it there.

Thanks for your reply Mike - set me off on a hunt to find that setting. And I did. I now have my new mail messages defaulting to a much more usable (for me) setting of Arial 12.

In case it helps anyone else, I found and edited the relevant setting in the file named pmail.ini which is located (on my system) in the pmail/mail/{your-username} folder and NOT the pmail.ini file found in pmail/mail/admin - that had no effect.

Satch

Thanks for your reply Mike - set me off on a hunt to find that setting. And I did. I now have my new mail messages defaulting to a much more usable (for me) setting of Arial 12. In case it helps anyone else, I found and edited the relevant setting in the file named pmail.ini which is located (on my system) in the pmail/mail/{your-username} folder and NOT the pmail.ini file found in pmail/mail/admin - that had no effect. Satch

With a composition window open, go to Message > Font and set it there.

Thanks Brian - that's so much simpler to achieve - and works perfectly!

[quote="pid:56003, uid:28772"]With a composition window open, go to Message > Font and set it there.[/quote] Thanks Brian - that's so much simpler to achieve - and works perfectly!
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft