Community Discussions and Support
How to get back Junk or suspicious mail folder?

How do I get back the Junk or suspicious mail folder? I had a mail downloading glitch and as are result it was flooded with messages and proved quite resistant to reindexing, so I ended up deleting the whole thing.

Now I'd like to get the folder back but I don't know how. I've tried creating a folder with the same name and directing messages to it in 'Tools / Spam and content control / Content control definitions / Basic Spam Detection / Edit / Actions / Move the message to a folder' but this is not working, as the window does not seem to accept my folder selection -- when I click 'Set', it only reopens the 'Select a mail folder' window time and again,, and when I click 'OK' it does nothing.

Thanks for any advice. The version is 4.80.1028 Jan 16 2022 build 1028

How do I get back the Junk or suspicious mail folder? I had a mail downloading glitch and as are result it was flooded with messages and proved quite resistant to reindexing, so I ended up deleting the whole thing. Now I'd like to get the folder back but I don't know how. I've tried creating a folder with the same name and directing messages to it in 'Tools / Spam and content control / Content control definitions / Basic Spam Detection / Edit / Actions / Move the message to a folder' but this is not working, as the window does not seem to accept my folder selection -- when I click 'Set', it only reopens the 'Select a mail folder' window time and again,, and when I click 'OK' it does nothing. Thanks for any advice. The version is 4.80.1028 Jan 16 2022 build 1028

Here is how I would do it:

• Remove the newly created folder.
  • Close Pegasus Mail.
  • Using a file explorer, copy the files named junk.pmm and junk.pmi from \Pmail\Programs\DEFAULTS to your home mailbox directory.
  • Start Pegasus Mail.
  • Select the new "Junk or suspicious mail" folder as the destination folder for Spamhalter
  • Set it for any Content Control definitions.
  • Set it for any filtering rules. This MUST be done even if the folder name in the rule is the same.

Here is how I would do it: - Remove the newly created folder. - Close Pegasus Mail. - Using a file explorer, copy the files named junk.pmm and junk.pmi from \Pmail\Programs\DEFAULTS to your home mailbox directory. - Start Pegasus Mail. - Select the new "Junk or suspicious mail" folder as the destination folder for Spamhalter - Set it for any Content Control definitions. - Set it for any filtering rules. This MUST be done even if the folder name in the rule is the same.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft