Community Discussions and Support
suddenly have duplicate address entries in addressbook

Unfortunately, that approach did not work for me.  Could you please

tell me when the revised version of Pegasus Mail that includes the

dedicated reindex command for addressbooks will be / was made available

? Thank you.

The v4.50 PB1 has the addressbook re-index available.
<blockquote>Unfortunately, that approach did not work for me.  Could you please tell me when the revised version of Pegasus Mail that includes the dedicated reindex command for addressbooks will be / was made available ? Thank you.</blockquote>The v4.50 PB1 has the addressbook re-index available.

All of a sudden one of my address books has double entries. Actually the names are duplicates, but the content is different. If I delete one of the entries, the duplicate also disappears. What should I do? Did I do something wrong to cause this? Thanks for any help.

Dick 

<p>All of a sudden one of my address books has double entries. Actually the names are duplicates, but the content is different. If I delete one of the entries, the duplicate also disappears. What should I do? Did I do something wrong to cause this? Thanks for any help.</p><p>Dick </p>

Hi, this is a recurring issue involving the addressbook index file (*.pm!). Here's a recovery process recently posted to the PM-Win mailing list by Euler German:

Jeff Deacon provide a nice solution a time ago:

-< begin >-----------------------------------------------------------

1. Choose an easily replaced entry (at one stage this was happening
   quite frequently to me, so I had one specially for the purpose!) and
   delete it.   [1a  I have never tried this, but I wonder if ADDING an
   entry would have the same effect?] 

2. Do nothing else in Pegasus Mail except close everything carefully
   and cleanly, including Pegasus itself. 

3. Reopen Pegasus Mail and the address book. It should all be there,
   intact and ready for use. 

4. Reinstate the one entry that you deleted.

In my experience, it seems that only deleting an entry and then
closing and reopening Pegasus Mail will trigger a re-index of the
address book.

-------------------------------------------------------------< end >-

discussions of this issue can be found in the mailing list archives here: http://bama.ua.edu/archives/pmail.html 

Active discussions can be accessed by subscribing here: www.pmail.com/support2.htm 

&lt;p&gt;Hi, this is a recurring issue involving the addressbook index file (*.pm!). Here&#039;s a recovery process recently posted to the PM-Win mailing list by Euler German: &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Jeff Deacon provide a nice solution a time ago: -&amp;lt; begin &amp;gt;----------------------------------------------------------- &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;1. Choose an easily replaced entry (at one stage this was happening &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; quite frequently to me, so I had one specially for the purpose!) and &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; delete it.&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; [1a&amp;nbsp; I have never tried this, but I wonder if ADDING an &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; entry would have the same effect?]&amp;nbsp; 2. Do nothing else in Pegasus Mail except close everything carefully &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; and cleanly, including Pegasus itself.&amp;nbsp; 3. Reopen Pegasus Mail and the address book. It should all be there, &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; intact and ready for use.&amp;nbsp; 4. Reinstate the one entry that you deleted. In my experience, it seems that only deleting an entry and then closing and reopening Pegasus Mail will trigger a re-index of the address book. -------------------------------------------------------------&amp;lt; end &amp;gt;-&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;discussions of this issue can be found in the mailing list archives here: http://bama.ua.edu/archives/pmail.html&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Active discussions can be accessed by subscribing here: www.pmail.com/support2.htm&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

That worked like a dream, Mattlock. Thanks for your time and response.

Dick 

&lt;p&gt;That worked like a dream, Mattlock. Thanks for your time and response.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Dick&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

I've also just had to do this - marvellous and easy resolution. Thanks!

I&#039;ve also just had to do this - marvellous and easy resolution. Thanks!

Worked for me, too, and recovered a long-lost address book which had been unusable for over a year. Thank you very much for the advice.

Worked for me, too, and recovered a long-lost address book which had been unusable for over a year. Thank you very much for the advice.

It worked for me too, thank you !

BTW, the upcoming version of Pegasus Mail will have a dedicated reindex command for addressbooks.

Sven

It worked for me too,&nbsp;thank you&nbsp;! BTW, the upcoming version of Pegasus Mail will have a dedicated reindex&nbsp;command&nbsp;for&nbsp;addressbooks. Sven

I tried the solution suggested here without success.  The one address I deleted is gone, but my address book now shows increasing numbers of duplicates of some entries that I earlier deleted.  The scope of this problem appears to be expanding rapidly.  This is occurring in my work account, so is terribly concerning to me.  Please provide some definitive help on how to resolve it.  Thank you.

&lt;p&gt;I tried the solution suggested here without success.&amp;nbsp; The one address I deleted is gone, but my address book now shows increasing numbers of duplicates of some entries that I earlier deleted.&amp;nbsp; The scope of this problem appears to be expanding rapidly.&amp;nbsp; This is occurring in my work account, so is terribly concerning to me.&amp;nbsp; Please provide some definitive help on how to resolve it.&amp;nbsp; Thank you.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Unfortunately, that approach did not work for me.  Could you please tell me when the revised version of Pegasus Mail that includes the dedicated reindex command for addressbooks will be / was made available ? Thank you.

Unfortunately, that approach did not work for me.&amp;nbsp; Could you please tell me when the revised version of Pegasus Mail that includes the dedicated reindex command for addressbooks will be / was made available ? Thank you.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft