Community Discussions and Support
Issue Receiving New Mail

Dear helpful members,

After years of running Pegasus mail without issues, a problem with receiving new mail has arisen and I hope someone can help me.
Upon start-up the Pegasus mail “you have new” mail pop-up banner appears (as normal) and may repeat many times if there is a lot of mail to download (as normal); however, no new mail appears in my inbox. I tried upgrading from version 4.80 to the new 4.81 Beta, but that did not solve the problem. However, if I shut down Pegasus mail and then re-start Pegasus the new mail now appears (under my red "is urgent” mail). Another new problem that seems to have occurred simultaneously with the above problem is that Pegasus mail very often will not close normally anymore. I must use Task Manager to force Pegasus to shut down.
Hopefully you may know a fix without a complete re-install? However, if I do need to do a uninstall /fresh install to solve this problem how can I make sure that my past inbox /outbox and all my folders will be brought back into the program normally, without losing emails or setting preferences?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Kind Regards, jacobsfw
November 16, 2023

Dear helpful members, After years of running Pegasus mail without issues, a problem with receiving new mail has arisen and I hope someone can help me. Upon start-up the Pegasus mail “you have new” mail pop-up banner appears (as normal) and may repeat many times if there is a lot of mail to download (as normal); however, no new mail appears in my inbox. I tried upgrading from version 4.80 to the new 4.81 Beta, but that did not solve the problem. However, if I shut down Pegasus mail and then re-start Pegasus the new mail now appears (under my red "is urgent” mail). Another new problem that seems to have occurred simultaneously with the above problem is that Pegasus mail very often will not close normally anymore. I must use Task Manager to force Pegasus to shut down. Hopefully you may know a fix without a complete re-install? However, if I do need to do a uninstall /fresh install to solve this problem how can I make sure that my past inbox /outbox and all my folders will be brought back into the program normally, without losing emails or setting preferences? Thank you in advance for your help! Kind Regards, jacobsfw November 16, 2023

jacobsfw, you have posted this in the Mercury Community Discussions and Support forum. The forum design makes this an easy mistake to make. I suggest reposting it in the Pegasus Mail Community Discussions and Support forum.

jacobsfw, you have posted this in the Mercury Community Discussions and Support forum. The forum design makes this an easy mistake to make. I suggest reposting it in the Pegasus Mail Community Discussions and Support forum.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft