Community Discussions and Support
transfer to new computer

[quote user="jade"]Go to the program directory and run pconfig.  Select the Standalone

menu and then change the drive letter to match the current drive lterr.

Yes, how do I go to the program directory?

What is the current drive lterr? 

[/quote]

Use "My computer" and/or "File manager", go to the WinPMail program directory.  If you do not know what it is then search for the file pconfig.exe to get the di=rectory name.  The program pconfig.exe must be run from that directory.

The current drive letter will be something like d: or c:, should be obvious from my computer.

[quote user="jade"]Go to the program directory and run pconfig.  Select the Standalone menu and then change the drive letter to match the current drive lterr.<p>Yes, how do I go to the program directory?</p><p>What is the current drive lterr? </p><p> </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Use "My computer" and/or "File manager", go to the WinPMail program directory.  If you do not know what it is then search for the file pconfig.exe to get the di=rectory name.  The program pconfig.exe must be run from that directory.</p><p>The current drive letter will be something like d: or c:, should be obvious from my computer.</p><p> </p><p> </p>

I replaced my desktop with a laptop after my motherboard died. I want to transfer my Pegasus email program to my laptop. I connected my hard drive to my laptop and clicked on the old icon. The window popped up asking for my account name, but it says that name is not allowed, so I am unable to open my program.

[:'(] 

What do I do now? I have used Pegasus for several years and all my business email addresses in addition to files and files of stored emails are there. Can you help? 

[8-|] 

<p>I replaced my desktop with a laptop after my motherboard died. I want to transfer my Pegasus email program to my laptop. I connected my hard drive to my laptop and clicked on the old icon. The window popped up asking for my account name, but it says that name is not allowed, so I am unable to open my program. </p><p>[:'(] </p><p>What do I do now? I have used Pegasus for several years and all my business email addresses in addition to files and files of stored emails are there. Can you help?  </p><p>[8-|] </p>

[quote user="jade"]

I replaced my desktop with a laptop after my motherboard died. I want to transfer my Pegasus email program to my laptop. I connected my hard drive to my laptop and clicked on the old icon. The window popped up asking for my account name, but it says that name is not allowed, so I am unable to open my program.

[:'(] 

What do I do now? I have used Pegasus for several years and all my business email addresses in addition to files and files of stored emails are there. Can you help? 

[8-|] 

[/quote]

The drive letter has changed.  Go to the program directory and run pconfig.  Select the Standalone menu and then change the drive letter to match the current drive lterr.

[quote user="jade"]<p>I replaced my desktop with a laptop after my motherboard died. I want to transfer my Pegasus email program to my laptop. I connected my hard drive to my laptop and clicked on the old icon. The window popped up asking for my account name, but it says that name is not allowed, so I am unable to open my program. </p><p>[:'(] </p><p>What do I do now? I have used Pegasus for several years and all my business email addresses in addition to files and files of stored emails are there. Can you help?  </p><p>[8-|] </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>The drive letter has changed.  Go to the program directory and run pconfig.  Select the Standalone menu and then change the drive letter to match the current drive lterr.</p><p> </p>

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry, can you be more descriptive. I don't understand your instructions.

[:$] 

<p>Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry, can you be more descriptive. I don't understand your instructions.</p><p>[:$] </p>

[quote user="jade"]

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry, can you be more descriptive. I don't understand your instructions.

[:$] 

[/quote]

What part do you not understand?  Can't find the program pconfig.exe?  Can't find the WinPMail program directory?   Can't understand the menus in PConfig.exe?

[quote user="jade"]<p>Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry, can you be more descriptive. I don't understand your instructions.</p><p>[:$] </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>What part do you not understand?  Can't find the program pconfig.exe?  Can't find the WinPMail program directory?   Can't understand the menus in PConfig.exe?</p><p> </p>

Go to the program directory and run pconfig.  Select the Standalone

menu and then change the drive letter to match the current drive lterr.

Yes, how do I go to the program directory?

What is the current drive lterr? 

Go to the program directory and run pconfig.  Select the Standalone menu and then change the drive letter to match the current drive lterr.<p>Yes, how do I go to the program directory?</p><p>What is the current drive lterr? </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft