Community Discussions and Support
Issues receiving new mail

Just to note: The Red Rules generally means that at one point the rule was probable correct, but you later actually deleted the destination folder, so it no longer exists.

Second issue. Using Move to "New mail" would not make any sense, since the new mail (CNM) files are already in the "New Mail" folder (Doesn't actually exists) so moving them probable just be a loop? Would probable be better to make a directory and move them into a real Pegasus Folder instead of keeping them as CNM files in the not real New mail folder.

Just to note: The Red Rules generally means that at one point the rule was probable correct, but you later actually deleted the destination folder, so it no longer exists. Second issue. Using Move to "New mail" would not make any sense, since the new mail (CNM) files are already in the "New Mail" folder (Doesn't actually exists) so moving them probable just be a loop? Would probable be better to make a directory and move them into a real Pegasus Folder instead of keeping them as CNM files in the not real New mail folder.

mikes@guam.net

Dear Msetzerii,

Thank you for your observations. I must have done this seeing emails appear in my spam of junk folder that I really wanted in my new mail folder going forward. Another example of naivety on my part. Thanks again for pointing out a bad move that may have been a root cause behind my past issues!

Kind Regards,
Bill

Dear Msetzerii, Thank you for your observations. I must have done this seeing emails appear in my spam of junk folder that I really wanted in my new mail folder going forward. Another example of naivety on my part. Thanks again for pointing out a bad move that may have been a root cause behind my past issues! Kind Regards, Bill

Generally, if I get emails going to Spam folder, I right-click and add address to global white list.

Generally, if I get emails going to Spam folder, I right-click and add address to global white list.

mikes@guam.net

Keep in mind that the global whitelist only excludes from spamhalter and content content processing. It does not exclude from new mail filtering.

Keep in mind that the global whitelist only excludes from spamhalter and content content processing. It does not exclude from new mail filtering.

Hi Brian and Msetzerii,

Thanks for the pointers and info. I really appreciate the help. Although I've been using Pegasus for the better part of 30 years, I realize there are layers and layers of commands and tools that I've yet to discover. David Harris has really generated a client that is a gift to us all.

Kind Regards and Happy Holidays,
Bill

Hi Brian and Msetzerii, Thanks for the pointers and info. I really appreciate the help. Although I've been using Pegasus for the better part of 30 years, I realize there are layers and layers of commands and tools that I've yet to discover. David Harris has really generated a client that is a gift to us all. Kind Regards and Happy Holidays, Bill

Brian is correct on the global white list issue, but for me at least, having messages end up in spam folder has always been content control matches. None of my new mail filters move messages to spam, and had spamhalter use a different folder.

So, for me adding to global white list has always been a 100% solution.

I've been using Pegasus since late 80s with the DOS version on Novell 2.2 network at my College/Vocational High School. Worked great with the Novell Network to provide all users local access to email. Later created a uucp gateway extension to allow internet email. College had no internet access, and for $20/month I could provide email. $20 covered 2 hours of connect time for uploading/downloading emails thru local ISP. Back then calls to states were $3/minute minimum 3 minutes. Worked great, and had some others around world also use the simple gateway..

Mr. Harris has always made an excellent program with many features and tries to add more and more.

Hope everything works out.

Brian is correct on the global white list issue, but for me at least, having messages end up in spam folder has always been content control matches. None of my new mail filters move messages to spam, and had spamhalter use a different folder. So, for me adding to global white list has always been a 100% solution. I've been using Pegasus since late 80s with the DOS version on Novell 2.2 network at my College/Vocational High School. Worked great with the Novell Network to provide all users local access to email. Later created a uucp gateway extension to allow internet email. College had no internet access, and for $20/month I could provide email. $20 covered 2 hours of connect time for uploading/downloading emails thru local ISP. Back then calls to states were $3/minute minimum 3 minutes. Worked great, and had some others around world also use the simple gateway.. Mr. Harris has always made an excellent program with many features and tries to add more and more. Hope everything works out.

mikes@guam.net

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft