Community Discussions and Support
ISP Password Change

My ISP, Comcast, bless it's pointed little head, made me change my access password. I am now unable to download my mail through Pegasus. I receive the following error message:

11:28:16.297: --- 13 Dec 2023, 11:28:16.297 ---
11:28:16.297: Connect to 'mail.comcast.net', timeout 90 seconds.
11:28:17.411: [] SSL/TLS session established
11:28:17.411: [
] ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384, TLSv1.2, Kx=ECDH, Au=RSA, Enc=AESGCM(256), Mac=AEAD
11:28:17.411: [*] Peer's certificate name is '/C=US/ST=Pennsylvania/O=Comcast Corporation/CN=imap.email.comcast.net'.
11:28:17.411: >> +OK Dovecot ready.
11:28:17.411: << USER 4breezes
11:28:17.431: >> +OK
<< 0020 PASS XXXXXXXXXXXXX
11:28:17.571: >> -ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed.

This problem is using my primary system, my old desktop. I can still download email going directly to Comcast, but I want to convenience of Pegasus.

How do I correct this problem? How do I input the new Comcast password to Pegasus?

My ISP, Comcast, bless it&#039;s pointed little head, made me change my access password. I am now unable to download my mail through Pegasus. I receive the following error message: 11:28:16.297: --- 13 Dec 2023, 11:28:16.297 --- 11:28:16.297: Connect to &#039;mail.comcast.net&#039;, timeout 90 seconds. 11:28:17.411: [*] SSL/TLS session established 11:28:17.411: [*] ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384, TLSv1.2, Kx=ECDH, Au=RSA, Enc=AESGCM(256), Mac=AEAD 11:28:17.411: [*] Peer&#039;s certificate name is &#039;/C=US/ST=Pennsylvania/O=Comcast Corporation/CN=imap.email.comcast.net&#039;. 11:28:17.411: &gt;&gt; +OK Dovecot ready. 11:28:17.411: &lt;&lt; USER 4breezes 11:28:17.431: &gt;&gt; +OK &lt;&lt; 0020 PASS XXXXXXXXXXXXX 11:28:17.571: &gt;&gt; -ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed. This problem is using my primary system, my old desktop. I can still download email going directly to Comcast, but I want to convenience of Pegasus. How do I correct this problem? How do I input the new Comcast password to Pegasus?

The authentication credentials are stored in what we call "host" files or "definitions". They exist for POP3, SMTP, and IMAP authentication. If you only download via POP3 then you won't have one for IMAP. These host files contain the information required by your provider to authenticate (server name, port number, login name, login password, security level). If you changed your password with Comcast but did not change it in your Pegasus Mail host files that updating the host files with the correct password should be all that is required.

To do this go to Tools > Internet options.
For POP3, go to the 'Receiving (POP3)' tab, click on the host name that you need to modify then click the Edit button. Enter the new password in the password field then click OK.
For SMTP, go to the 'Sending (SMTP)' tab, click on the host name that you need to modify, click the Edit button then click the security tab. Look in the "SMTP Authentication" section. If you have the "Login to the SMTP server using the following details" option selected then enter the new password in this password field. Otherwise, confirm that the POP3 definition referenced is the one you already updated.

The authentication credentials are stored in what we call &quot;host&quot; files or &quot;definitions&quot;. They exist for POP3, SMTP, and IMAP authentication. If you only download via POP3 then you won&#039;t have one for IMAP. These host files contain the information required by your provider to authenticate (server name, port number, login name, login password, security level). If you changed your password with Comcast but did not change it in your Pegasus Mail host files that updating the host files with the correct password should be all that is required. To do this go to Tools &gt; Internet options. For POP3, go to the &#039;Receiving (POP3)&#039; tab, click on the host name that you need to modify then click the Edit button. Enter the new password in the password field then click OK. For SMTP, go to the &#039;Sending (SMTP)&#039; tab, click on the host name that you need to modify, click the Edit button then click the security tab. Look in the &quot;SMTP Authentication&quot; section. If you have the &quot;Login to the SMTP server using the following details&quot; option selected then enter the new password in this password field. Otherwise, confirm that the POP3 definition referenced is the one you already updated.

Thank you Sir. That worked like a charm. It should have been more obvious to me. Next I'll go on to my next question. I'll start a new post for that.

Thank you Sir. That worked like a charm. It should have been more obvious to me. Next I&#039;ll go on to my next question. I&#039;ll start a new post for that.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft