Community Discussions and Support
Minor questions driving me batty

Wishing everyone A very Happy New Year and Best wishes for 2024. i want to thank everyone for all the help given in 2023 to this old rookie.

Still having problems with reading some of my mail most of which is readable but there are some messages received that when trying to open just hangs for 3-4 seconds and then reverts to my desktop unable to read.The only way any of those messages can be read is to hit the reply button (even though there is no intention to actually reply). As I had mentioned in a previous post I had a problem with the computer but i never had to start over in installing as--- Pegasus and other programs were backed up..I don't what I should do in solving this problem.

Another question I have is how can I change the font/print in the entire program to read much better both in reading and composing as the ole eyesight is not what it use to be. The current print is very small and I'd like to raise it a litter better

As usual thank yo in advance

Wishing everyone A very Happy New Year and Best wishes for 2024. i want to thank everyone for all the help given in 2023 to this old rookie. Still having problems with reading some of my mail most of which is readable but there are some messages received that when trying to open just hangs for 3-4 seconds and then reverts to my desktop unable to read.The only way any of those messages can be read is to hit the reply button (even though there is no intention to actually reply). As I had mentioned in a previous post I had a problem with the computer but i never had to start over in installing as--- Pegasus and other programs were backed up..I don't what I should do in solving this problem. Another question I have is how can I change the font/print in the entire program to read much better both in reading and composing as the ole eyesight is not what it use to be. The current print is very small and I'd like to raise it a litter better As usual thank yo in advance

Not sure on all issues, but one thing I use to get better screen resolution is changing the windows configuration from the default 96dpi to 144dpi on my setup. Otherwise the fonts display too small..

Are the messages you are referring too coming from messages that are in the new mail folder (actually .CNM files) or messages in folders.

Have sometimes run across messages that have lines that expand to have lengths of well over 1000 characters that have issues. Sometimes they are base64 encoded, so have to manually decode them, and find lines that are too long, and either adjust them somehow or delete the lines..

Other times it is just very bad html code..

Not sure on all issues, but one thing I use to get better screen resolution is changing the windows configuration from the default 96dpi to 144dpi on my setup. Otherwise the fonts display too small.. Are the messages you are referring too coming from messages that are in the new mail folder (actually .CNM files) or messages in folders. Have sometimes run across messages that have lines that expand to have lengths of well over 1000 characters that have issues. Sometimes they are base64 encoded, so have to manually decode them, and find lines that are too long, and either adjust them somehow or delete the lines.. Other times it is just very bad html code..

mikes@guam.net

I don't what I should do in solving this problem.

Try to update IERenderer: https://www.pmpgp.de/renderer/History.htm.

[quote="pid:56258, uid:30801"]I don't what I should do in solving this problem.[/quote] Try to update IERenderer: https://www.pmpgp.de/renderer/History.htm.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

What version of Pegasus Mail?
Is IERenderer enabled? If so, what version?

All fonts are configurable except the system ones (eg: configuration windows, help, popups). A recent version improved the system ones but a high screen resolution still results in them being small. Prior to this improvement I lowered the screen resolution of my 1920x1080 display. IIRC, I used 1600x900. This setting maintained the correct width/height ratio and increased the display size of the system text in Pegasus Mail without affecting any other programs or video displays. I found this to be more reliable than changing the dpi which caused display issues in other programs. That was back in Win7 days. I don't think you can specify a dpi in Win10 or Win11, you can only change the percentage via the Display settings options.

Regarding the messages that don't load, are you allowing remote graphics?
Have you tested whether they open OK when you use the right-click > Open message in web browser function?

What version of Pegasus Mail? Is IERenderer enabled? If so, what version? All fonts are configurable except the system ones (eg: configuration windows, help, popups). A recent version improved the system ones but a high screen resolution still results in them being small. Prior to this improvement I lowered the screen resolution of my 1920x1080 display. IIRC, I used 1600x900. This setting maintained the correct width/height ratio and increased the display size of the system text in Pegasus Mail without affecting any other programs or video displays. I found this to be more reliable than changing the dpi which caused display issues in other programs. That was back in Win7 days. I don't think you can specify a dpi in Win10 or Win11, you can only change the percentage via the Display settings options. Regarding the messages that don't load, are you allowing remote graphics? Have you tested whether they open OK when you use the right-click > Open message in web browser function?

Wanted Everyone to know I thank you for all the replies it is appreciated!
Wanted all to know, for what its worth I thought I'd try something different and maybe all may understand better. I had been using version 4.80 (I see there is a beta 4.81) BUT I dropped down to version 4.73 which I had used for a long period of time just to see if it made any difference AND it did. Really don't know why but my problem there has been solved.

Regarding the increase in print that's something I would like a simple way of correcting. I'm far from a technical person so I would appeal to a simpler way of trying to correct as you folks have given me a lot to digest and I'm not under understanding a lot but I really do appreciate.

I thought I'd report back at least to let you all know I dropped versions and the original problem has been taken care of....at least for the moment. As i mentioned earlier I had been using 4.80 for some time before the problem so I really don't know what happened as Pegasus was backed up and all I did was bring it back like it was for some time

Thanks again everyone

Wanted Everyone to know I thank you for all the replies it is appreciated! Wanted all to know, for what its worth I thought I'd try something different and maybe all may understand better. I had been using version 4.80 (I see there is a beta 4.81) BUT I dropped down to version 4.73 which I had used for a long period of time just to see if it made any difference AND it did. Really don't know why but my problem there has been solved. Regarding the increase in print that's something I would like a simple way of correcting. I'm far from a technical person so I would appeal to a simpler way of trying to correct as you folks have given me a lot to digest and I'm not under understanding a lot but I really do appreciate. I thought I'd report back at least to let you all know I dropped versions and the original problem has been taken care of....at least for the moment. As i mentioned earlier I had been using 4.80 for some time before the problem so I really don't know what happened as Pegasus was backed up and all I did was bring it back like it was for some time Thanks again everyone

Regarding the increase in print that's something I would like a simple way of correcting. I'm far from a technical person so I would appeal to a simpler way of trying to correct as you folks have given me a lot to digest and I'm not under understanding a lot but I really do appreciate.

Tell us the specific Pegasus Mail windows that you need help with and we can provide the steps to increase those, or, we can tell you that they are system windows that can only be improved by manipulating the display settings.

BTW, the v4.81 beta has been solid and it includes the system font improvements. Upgrading to it is something to think about.

Finally, you mentioned problems with message display but have not answered the question about whether IERenderer is enabled, and if so, whether you are running the most current version.

[quote="pid:56263, uid:30801"]Regarding the increase in print that's something I would like a simple way of correcting. I'm far from a technical person so I would appeal to a simpler way of trying to correct as you folks have given me a lot to digest and I'm not under understanding a lot but I really do appreciate.[/quote] Tell us the specific Pegasus Mail windows that you need help with and we can provide the steps to increase those, or, we can tell you that they are system windows that can only be improved by manipulating the display settings. BTW, the v4.81 beta has been solid and it includes the system font improvements. Upgrading to it is something to think about. Finally, you mentioned problems with message display but have not answered the question about whether IERenderer is enabled, and if so, whether you are running the most current version.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft