Community Discussions and Support
roundcube recognizing folder-in-folder from Pegasus

Hello All,

considering switching from Squirrelmail to roundcube.

Running roundcube for a different install I know that I can create folders-in-folders with roundcube.
Situation: Mercury with Pegasus integration mailboxes are containing folder-in-folder folders. Squirrelmail will recognize and handles those automatically without problem.

Question: does roundcube do the same ?
Or does roundcube only recognize folder-in-folder when these folders are created by roundcube?

If one of you could give me an answer, I would appreciate.
Thank you

Johannes

Hello All, considering switching from Squirrelmail to roundcube. Running roundcube for a different install I know that I can create folders-in-folders with roundcube. Situation: Mercury with Pegasus integration mailboxes are containing folder-in-folder folders. Squirrelmail will recognize and handles those automatically without problem. Question: does roundcube do the same ? Or does roundcube only recognize folder-in-folder when these folders are created by roundcube? If one of you could give me an answer, I would appreciate. Thank you Johannes

Hi Johannes,

Our Roundcube is recognizing all folder-in-folder folders created by Pmail. No problem.

In the meantime, more and more of our users prefer to work with Thunderbird instead of Pmail. But TB is not able to create folder-in-folder structures via IMAP to Mercury. That's why we are using Roundcube as a workaround for the creatioon of folder-in-folder structures, which will be recognized by Pmail and Thnderbird.

Hi Johannes, Our Roundcube is recognizing all folder-in-folder folders created by Pmail. No problem. In the meantime, more and more of our users prefer to work with Thunderbird instead of Pmail. But TB is not able to create folder-in-folder structures via IMAP to Mercury. That's why we are using Roundcube as a workaround for the creatioon of folder-in-folder structures, which will be recognized by Pmail and Thnderbird.

Hello Joerg,

good to hear. Thank you for the info.

Johannes

Hello Joerg, good to hear. Thank you for the info. Johannes

@Joerg
I am using TB and also folder-in-folders. TB has no problem as long as a folder only contains folders or messages. The last time i want to create a folder inside a folder which contains messages, i got a TB error message with something like the server does not support this function.

@Joerg I am using TB and also folder-in-folders. TB has no problem as long as a folder only contains folders or messages. The last time i want to create a folder inside a folder which contains messages, i got a TB error message with something like the server does not support this function.

Mmh smile, we are not able to create new folder in folder by TB, even if the new parent folder is brand new and without any mails therein. The opportunity for creating a new subfolder is simply disabled within TB.
That's why we create any subfolders within Roundcube which will then be recognized by TB without problems.

Maybe there is a hidden setting within TB. Any thoughts?

Mmh (wasntme), we are not able to create new folder in folder by TB, even if the new parent folder is brand new and without any mails therein. The opportunity for creating a new subfolder is simply disabled within TB. That's why we create any subfolders within Roundcube which will then be recognized by TB without problems. Maybe there is a hidden setting within TB. Any thoughts?
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft