Community Discussions and Support
Sendto Utility

On Windows 10. Have been using Pegasus for many years. Currently on 4.73. I have always used PMail with -Roam switch on a portable external drive, and it has always worked fine. The Sendto uitility is selected as the default mail app and that has always worked fine. However, I am now getting an error when trying to mailto from a website: "Can't communicate with Pegasus." Appreciate any help.
Tariya

On Windows 10. Have been using Pegasus for many years. Currently on 4.73. I have always used PMail with -Roam switch on a portable external drive, and it has always worked fine. The Sendto uitility is selected as the default mail app and that has always worked fine. However, I am now getting an error when trying to mailto from a website: "Can't communicate with Pegasus." Appreciate any help. Tariya

My guess is that the drive letter to the external drive has changed since you set the Sendto utility as the default email app. Try this:

• Shut down Pegasus Mail
  • Use a file explorer to navigate to the \Pmail\Programs directory on the external drive.
  • Locate and execute setpmdefault.exe. It only takes a moment to do its thing, and IIRC, you will not see any notification that it ran.

Now test the Sendto functionality.

If it still doesn't work, change the default app for email to something else, reboot, then set it back to the Pegasus Mail Sendto utility.

My guess is that the drive letter to the external drive has changed since you set the Sendto utility as the default email app. Try this: - Shut down Pegasus Mail - Use a file explorer to navigate to the \Pmail\Programs directory on the external drive. - Locate and execute setpmdefault.exe. It only takes a moment to do its thing, and IIRC, you will not see any notification that it ran. Now test the Sendto functionality. If it still doesn't work, change the default app for email to something else, reboot, then set it back to the Pegasus Mail Sendto utility.

Hi Brian...

You kindly gave me a solution to my Send-To problem and it worked. Now, it's happened again and this time neither of the solutions worked. I even reinstalled PMail as an update. No go.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks for your help.
Tariya

Hi Brian... You kindly gave me a solution to my Send-To problem and it worked. Now, it's happened again and this time neither of the solutions worked. I even reinstalled PMail as an update. No go. Any other suggestions? Thanks for your help. Tariya
edited Feb 10 at 12:54 pm

I am curious what caused it to stop working. Is there any correlation to a Win10 update? I have heard about Microsoft resetting defaults, especially if you have Outlook installed, but normally, re-establishing Pegasus Mail as the default email program fixes it.

I don't know of anything more to suggest. Is the Pegasus Mail SENDTO utility showing as the system default Email app?

65c78c005cc52

I am curious what caused it to stop working. Is there any correlation to a Win10 update? I have heard about Microsoft resetting defaults, especially if you have Outlook installed, but normally, re-establishing Pegasus Mail as the default email program fixes it. I don't know of anything more to suggest. Is the Pegasus Mail SENDTO utility showing as the system default Email app? ![65c78c005cc52](serve/attachment&path=65c78c005cc52)

Yes, the Pegasus Mail SENDTO utility is showing as the system default email and no, there seems to be no correlation to to a Windows update.
The only other clue I have is no matter which browser I use, I can only open one website at a time, so, if I'm at one website and click on another website link, it will not open that second link. Maybe has something to do with it?

Yes, the Pegasus Mail SENDTO utility is showing as the system default email and no, there seems to be no correlation to to a Windows update. The only other clue I have is no matter which browser I use, I can only open one website at a time, so, if I'm at one website and click on another website link, it will not open that second link. Maybe has something to do with it?

Here's another clue. I tested the "Share Page" link on six other machines, none with PMail. It's fine. I then installed another email client on my machine and set it as default. The "Share Page" worked fine. Then set it back to "Send-To Utility". No go. So... it's just the "Send-To" on my machine that's stuck!

Here's another clue. I tested the "Share Page" link on six other machines, none with PMail. It's fine. I then installed another email client on my machine and set it as default. The "Share Page" worked fine. Then set it back to "Send-To Utility". No go. So... it's just the "Send-To" on my machine that's stuck!

The only other clue I have is no matter which browser I use, I can only open one website at a time, so, if I'm at one website and click on another website link, it will not open that second link. Maybe has something to do with it?

I don't see how Pegasus Mail could be associated with this.

The "Share Page" worked fine. Then set it back to "Send-To Utility". No go. So... it's just the "Send-To" on my machine that's stuck!

Is the "Share Page" you reference a link on a web page and if so, does the link URL start with "mailto:"?

If the "Share Page" is a browser function, I don't have any experience with those. I use Brave, Vivaldi, and Firefox so I went looking for a "Share Page" function on those. Only FF has a Share function and it only appears to work with Microsoft apps from the MS Store.

FWIW, setting Pegasus Mail SENDTO utility as the default email client creates the capability for clicks on MAILTO: links to automatically invoke Pegasus Mail. I tried to provide a test one here but the forum software automatically adds "http://" to it which breaks it. You can test MAILTO: link functionality by either sending yourself an email that contains a MAILTO: link and clicking it or by finding a website that contains a link to an email address.

If MAILTO: links work then I don't know what the problem is with the "Share Page" function. I am curious what the other email client was that it worked with.

[quote="pid:56436, uid:28577"]The only other clue I have is no matter which browser I use, I can only open one website at a time, so, if I'm at one website and click on another website link, it will not open that second link. Maybe has something to do with it?[/quote] I don't see how Pegasus Mail could be associated with this. [quote="pid:56437, uid:28577"]The "Share Page" worked fine. Then set it back to "Send-To Utility". No go. So... it's just the "Send-To" on my machine that's stuck![/quote] Is the "Share Page" you reference a link on a web page and if so, does the link URL start with "mailto:"? If the "Share Page" is a browser function, I don't have any experience with those. I use Brave, Vivaldi, and Firefox so I went looking for a "Share Page" function on those. Only FF has a Share function and it only appears to work with Microsoft apps from the MS Store. FWIW, setting Pegasus Mail SENDTO utility as the default email client creates the capability for clicks on MAILTO: links to automatically invoke Pegasus Mail. I tried to provide a test one here but the forum software automatically adds "http://" to it which breaks it. You can test MAILTO: link functionality by either sending yourself an email that contains a MAILTO: link and clicking it or by finding a website that contains a link to an email address. If MAILTO: links work then I don't know what the problem is with the "Share Page" function. I am curious what the other email client was that it worked with.

I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. "Share Page" is text on a button linked to a mailto script on my website. I've been using Pegsaus for over 10 years and the website has had this small mailto script on its pages all that time, and there's never been a problem.
I've tested this on two other machines here with Win10 Pro and Pegasus and it works fine in linking to the SendTo utility. And then I tested it with six friends around the country with Pegasus as their email client and it works fine.
Now the other quick email client I installed and made default doesn't work.
So that narrows it down to my machine. I'm not sure how to proceed. I suspect it has something to do with the Defender firewall blocking the link from connecting to SendTo. Above my pay grade!
Thanks for all your help.
Tariya

I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. "Share Page" is text on a button linked to a mailto script on my website. I've been using Pegsaus for over 10 years and the website has had this small mailto script on its pages all that time, and there's never been a problem. I've tested this on two other machines here with Win10 Pro and Pegasus and it works fine in linking to the SendTo utility. And then I tested it with six friends around the country with Pegasus as their email client and it works fine. Now the other quick email client I installed and made default doesn't work. So that narrows it down to my machine. I'm not sure how to proceed. I suspect it has something to do with the Defender firewall blocking the link from connecting to SendTo. Above my pay grade! Thanks for all your help. Tariya

Check the default app for the mailto: protocol to confirm it is also set to the Pegasus Mail WSENDTO Utility. Beyond that, I'm clueless.
65ca1f9fb5ee4

Check the default app for the mailto: protocol to confirm it is also set to the Pegasus Mail WSENDTO Utility. Beyond that, I'm clueless. ![65ca1f9fb5ee4](serve/attachment&path=65ca1f9fb5ee4)

Well, apropos...when I uninistalled the little dingy email client I had installed, it somehow fixed it and now the SendTo works. All this just on my machine. Another one of those Windows "don't ask-don't tell" mysteries.
Thanks again.

Well, apropos...when I uninistalled the little dingy email client I had installed, it somehow fixed it and now the SendTo works. All this just on my machine. Another one of those Windows "don't ask-don't tell" mysteries. Thanks again.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft