Community Discussions and Support
Still need Help

As I had mentioned to a plea for help by a possible remote access, i was asked:

What is your domain for account? After the @ since it list different info for various domains.
https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/spectrum-email-server-settings

ANSWER

TWC.com and any domain ending in .rr.com not covered above

Incoming Email Server: mail.twc.com
Outgoing Email Server: mail.twc.com

I tried but not kicking in and asking if somebody would check my settings

As I had mentioned to a plea for help by a possible remote access, i was asked: What is your domain for account? After the @ since it list different info for various domains. https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/spectrum-email-server-settings ANSWER TWC.com and any domain ending in .rr.com not covered above Incoming Email Server: mail.twc.com Outgoing Email Server: mail.twc.com I tried but not kicking in and asking if somebody would check my settings

I am shocked that Spectrum refused to give you POP3 configuration settings. I'm sure you made it clear that you were using an old email client that was dependent on POP3. Regardless, unfortunately what you just posted doesn't help. If you follow that link you will see that it does not contain configuration information for POP3. AFAIK, Spectrum POP3 servers are region specific. I live in North Carolina so the POP3 mail server for me is "pop-server.carolina.rr.com". If you had POP3 previously working, the server being used then is the one we need.

That said, I am going to do some testing to see if I can get mail.twc.com to work as a POP3 server. I suspect that I would be using it if it worked but I will give it a try since I don't remember. I'll be back.

I am shocked that Spectrum refused to give you POP3 configuration settings. I'm sure you made it clear that you were using an old email client that was dependent on POP3. Regardless, unfortunately what you just posted doesn't help. If you follow that link you will see that it does not contain configuration information for POP3. AFAIK, Spectrum POP3 servers are region specific. I live in North Carolina so the POP3 mail server for me is "pop-server.carolina.rr.com". If you had POP3 previously working, the server being used then is the one we need. That said, I am going to do some testing to see if I can get mail.twc.com to work as a POP3 server. I suspect that I would be using it if it worked but I will give it a try since I don't remember. I'll be back.

My test of mail.twc.com as the POP3 server worked. I can't guarantee that it will work for you. WARNING: If this works, all email in your Spectrum inbox will be downloaded by Pegasus Mail, even if it has been downloaded before. You may want to use the Spectrum web interface to move messages out of the inbox before attempting a new connection.

In Pegasus Mail, instead of trying to edit an existing POP3 host file I suggest you disable it and create a new one. Once working, you can delete the disabled one if you like.

Go to Tools > Internet options.

In the General tab, make sure that your full email address is entered in the "My Internet e-mail address is:" field.

In the Receiving (POP3) tab, disable each POP3 host that is listed (there may be only one). To do this, click on it then click the Disable button. The host name will then be suffixed with (Disabled).

Now click the New button. Give it a name. Enter the server host name as mail.twc.com. Enter your full email address (username@domain.com). Enter your password. Leave the Server TCP/IP port set at 110.

65aecd80b01d2

Click the Security tab and confirm that the Never radio button is black.

65aece122b936

Click the Download controls tab and set those options to your preferences.

Click OK. Once back to the Internet Mail Options window, at the bottom of the General tab is the Internet session logging option. Enable that so that you have a log file in the event the connection fails.

Good luck!

My test of mail.twc.com as the POP3 server worked. I can't guarantee that it will work for you. WARNING: If this works, all email in your Spectrum inbox will be downloaded by Pegasus Mail, even if it has been downloaded before. You may want to use the Spectrum web interface to move messages out of the inbox before attempting a new connection. In Pegasus Mail, instead of trying to edit an existing POP3 host file I suggest you disable it and create a new one. Once working, you can delete the disabled one if you like. Go to Tools > Internet options. In the General tab, make sure that your full email address is entered in the "My Internet e-mail address is:" field. In the Receiving (POP3) tab, disable each POP3 host that is listed (there may be only one). To do this, click on it then click the Disable button. The host name will then be suffixed with (Disabled). Now click the New button. Give it a name. Enter the server host name as mail.twc.com. Enter your full email address (username@domain.com). Enter your password. Leave the Server TCP/IP port set at 110. ![65aecd80b01d2](serve/attachment&path=65aecd80b01d2) Click the Security tab and confirm that the Never radio button is black. ![65aece122b936](serve/attachment&path=65aece122b936) Click the Download controls tab and set those options to your preferences. Click OK. Once back to the Internet Mail Options window, at the bottom of the General tab is the Internet session logging option. Enable that so that you have a log file in the event the connection fails. Good luck!

https://clean.email/blog/email-settings/roadrunner-email-settings
Doesn't show port 110? Know some ISPs still allow 110 for POP3 and SMTP port 25 if one is connected using an IP that is in their local approved block but otherwise require use of secure connection.

Page I am seeing shows.
Roadrunner Email Settings: POP3, IMAP, and SMTP

This guide will walk you through the Roadrunner (Rr.com/TWC) email settings to get the most out of the hosting and mail services while avoiding unnecessary troubleshooting problems.
Roadrunner / TWC SMTP Settings

Because Rr.com supports IMAP and SMTP, you are not needed to use the Roadrunner webmail service. For desktop mail applications to connect to your Rr.com account, you need the following SMTP settings:
Option Description
SMTP Host: mail.twc.com
SMTP Port: 587 SSL/TLS
SMTP Username: Your full email address (name@domain.com)
SMTP Password: Your mail account password
Clean Your Inbox

Use Clean Email with your Roadrunner Inbox to keep it clean and organized.
Try for Free
Clean Your Inbox - Use Clean Email with your Roadrunner Inbox to keep it clean and organized.
Roadrunner Email Settings For Receiving Messages

You'll need the following IMAP and POP settings to access your Rr.com email account from a desktop mail client.
Roadrunner / TWC POP settings
Option Description
POP3 Host: mail.twc.com
POP3 Port: 995
Requires SSL: Yes
POP3 Username: Your full email address (name@domain.com)
POP3 Password: Your mail account password

https://clean.email/blog/email-settings/roadrunner-email-settings Doesn't show port 110? Know some ISPs still allow 110 for POP3 and SMTP port 25 if one is connected using an IP that is in their local approved block but otherwise require use of secure connection. Page I am seeing shows. Roadrunner Email Settings: POP3, IMAP, and SMTP This guide will walk you through the Roadrunner (Rr.com/TWC) email settings to get the most out of the hosting and mail services while avoiding unnecessary troubleshooting problems. Roadrunner / TWC SMTP Settings Because Rr.com supports IMAP and SMTP, you are not needed to use the Roadrunner webmail service. For desktop mail applications to connect to your Rr.com account, you need the following SMTP settings: Option Description SMTP Host: mail.twc.com SMTP Port: 587 SSL/TLS SMTP Username: Your full email address (name@domain.com) SMTP Password: Your mail account password Clean Your Inbox Use Clean Email with your Roadrunner Inbox to keep it clean and organized. Try for Free Clean Your Inbox - Use Clean Email with your Roadrunner Inbox to keep it clean and organized. Roadrunner Email Settings For Receiving Messages You'll need the following IMAP and POP settings to access your Rr.com email account from a desktop mail client. Roadrunner / TWC POP settings Option Description POP3 Host: mail.twc.com POP3 Port: 995 Requires SSL: Yes POP3 Username: Your full email address (name@domain.com) POP3 Password: Your mail account password

mikes@guam.net

Yes, port 110 is not shown, but it is working for me with no SSL/TLS. Port 995 via direct SSL connect also works but I chose to present @0MrSkeezix143 with the simplest configuration for him to try.

Yes, port 110 is not shown, but it is working for me with no SSL/TLS. Port 995 via direct SSL connect also works but I chose to present @0MrSkeezix143 with the simplest configuration for him to try.

Mentioned it, since sometimes 110/25 work if one is connected on the ISPs IP addresses, but if one is not they are blocked. With my local ISP it worked, but if I am using brothers different ISP for some reason it would not work. I've also had sometimes found people that use some kind of VPN setup, so even if physically having an ISP IP address, the VPN software makes it look like it is using an IP that isn't.

Mentioned it, since sometimes 110/25 work if one is connected on the ISPs IP addresses, but if one is not they are blocked. With my local ISP it worked, but if I am using brothers different ISP for some reason it would not work. I've also had sometimes found people that use some kind of VPN setup, so even if physically having an ISP IP address, the VPN software makes it look like it is using an IP that isn't.

mikes@guam.net

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft