Community Discussions and Support
folder filenames vs longnames

Hello - I have a number of users with a huge amount of folders.
There is a problem with a few...I can use mbxmaint to repair but I'd really like to be able to quickly see what the 'long name' of the folder is cross referencing with it's 'filename'....so I need to be able to identify FOL02D7F.PMM for example in Pegasus without going through each folder & checking 'Folder info'
I'm sure I'm missing something simple!
Cheers
G

Hello - I have a number of users with a huge amount of folders. There is a problem with a few...I can use mbxmaint to repair but I'd really like to be able to quickly see what the 'long name' of the folder is cross referencing with it's 'filename'....so I need to be able to identify FOL02D7F.PMM for example in Pegasus without going through each folder & checking 'Folder info' I'm sure I'm missing something simple! Cheers G

Use mbxmaintui.exe from Pegasus Mail's \programs\ subdirectory, it can be used as a commandline tool for checking _and repair.

Use mbxmaint_ui.exe from Pegasus Mail's \programs\ subdirectory, it can be used as a commandline tool for checking _and_ repair.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
edited Jan 30 at 9:46 am

In the Add-ons for Pegasus Mail section of this site is a utility called PegFolders. It will list all the Pegasus Mail folders in the current directory, showing the operating system filename, the internal Identifier string, the user friendly "Folder Name" and the file size.

The way you use it is to copy it into a mailbox directory and then run it. The resulting report can then be copied/pasted into a spreadsheet for further analysis. The report is tab delimited.

In the Add-ons for Pegasus Mail section of this site is a utility called PegFolders. It will list all the Pegasus Mail folders in the current directory, showing the operating system filename, the internal Identifier string, the user friendly "Folder Name" and the file size. The way you use it is to copy it into a mailbox directory and then run it. The resulting report can then be copied/pasted into a spreadsheet for further analysis. The report is tab delimited.

BTW, you can use a wildcard in mbxmaintui.exe to check or repair all folder files. So, this path in the check or repair tab will process all folders in the <username> mailbox:

<drive>:\<path>\Mail\<username>*.pmm

This also worked in mbxmaint.exe but IIRC, the repair process would stop upon the first repair. I would run the check, copy the results to Notepad, search it to identify the problem folder files, and then repair those individually. I don't recall if this issue also applies to mbxmaintui.exe.

BTW, you can use a wildcard in mbxmaintui.exe to check or repair all folder files. So, this path in the check or repair tab will process all folders in the &lt;username&gt; mailbox: &lt;drive&gt;:\&lt;path&gt;\Mail\&lt;username&gt;\*.pmm This also worked in mbxmaint.exe but IIRC, the repair process would stop upon the first repair. I would run the check, copy the results to Notepad, search it to identify the problem folder files, and then repair those individually. I don&#039;t recall if this issue also applies to mbxmaintui.exe.

Aha 'Pegfolders'...this should sort my prob out - thanks!
G

Aha &#039;Pegfolders&#039;...this should sort my prob out - thanks! G
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft