Community Discussions and Support
How to remove or modify the X-mailer header for outbound emails?

Hi Everyone!

First-timer here so please pardon me if i miss any expected etiquette requirements smile

Currently, for emails that Pegasus Mail sends out, i noticed the raw headers of the received email has the field "X-mailer" which shows that the sender is using Pegasus Mail and the software version number.

In the interest of security and confidentiality, is there any way to remove or at least modify the abovementioned X-mailer field so anyone who intercepts the email in transit will not be able to see what the sender's email client software and/or version number is?

Modifying the pmail.ini file doesn't work, so hoping to find the answer here. Thanks in advance for any pointers you can give!

Hi Everyone! First-timer here so please pardon me if i miss any expected etiquette requirements :) Currently, for emails that Pegasus Mail sends out, i noticed the raw headers of the received email has the field "X-mailer" which shows that the sender is using Pegasus Mail and the software version number. In the interest of security and confidentiality, is there any way to remove or at least modify the abovementioned X-mailer field so anyone who intercepts the email in transit will not be able to see what the sender's email client software and/or version number is? Modifying the pmail.ini file doesn't work, so hoping to find the answer here. Thanks in advance for any pointers you can give!
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft