Community Discussions and Support
Formatting Issue

Hello!

Just guessing: perhaps, MIME-encoding was not turned on. It can be turned on at "Tools" | "Options" | "Outgoing mail" | "Messages and replies" -> "Use MIME features - ON". As far as I know, that option can be set for each identity separately, so you had better check it for all identites just to be sure.

When writing a message, you can toggle the MIME-option for the particular message. At the "Special"-tab of the Message Editor window, you can find the option "Use MIME features in this message for Internet/local mail".

It is highly recommended to turn MIME on for all messages sent. I suggest that the first option I have mentioned is turned on for all identities.

If you want to know about MIME, the Wikipedia-entry at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIME may be a point to start from.

<P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Hello!</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Just guessing: perhaps, MIME-encoding was not turned on. It can be turned on at "Tools" | "Options" | "Outgoing mail" | "Messages and replies" -> "Use MIME features - ON". As far as I know, that option can be set for each identity separately, so you had better check it for all identites just to be sure.</P> <P>When writing a message, you can toggle the MIME-option for the particular message. At the "Special"-tab of the Message Editor window, you can find the option "Use MIME features in this message for Internet/local mail".</P> <P><STRONG>It is highly recommended to turn MIME <U>on</U></STRONG> for all messages sent. I suggest that the first option I have mentioned is turned on for all identities.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>If you want to know about MIME, the Wikipedia-entry at <A href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIME">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIME</A> may be a point to start from.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

I have a user who sent an email and when it was received it appeared differently (with #&160 showing in all spaces?).  I believe it was sent with the Rich Text option checked, but except for spaces around plain text, there was no other formatting.  Would that cause the text to appear differently when received?   I have copied portions of text from both the sent version and the received version below.

Message format when sent:

Here's the figures for the paydowns for Tuesday. So far fairly quite which is good. Thanks, see you on Friday.

pool # principal amt amrt amt

254239 48.18 3,040.89

Message format when received:

Here's the figures for the paydowns for Tuesday.  So far

> fairly quite which is good.  Thanks, see you on Friday.

> pool

>

#                &#1

60;

> principal amt       amrt amt

>

254239               &#16

0;  

>

48.18               &#160

;

> 3,040.89

<P>I have a user who sent an email and when it was received it appeared differently (with #&160 showing in all spaces?).  I believe it was sent with the Rich Text option checked, but except for spaces around plain text, there was no other formatting.  Would that cause the text to appear differently when received?   I have copied portions of text from both the sent version and the received version below.</P> <P><STRONG><U>Message format when sent:</U></STRONG></P> <P>Here's the figures for the paydowns for Tuesday. So far fairly quite which is good. Thanks, see you on Friday. </P> <DIV class=c2><SPAN class=c1> </SPAN></DIV> <DIV class=c2><SPAN class=c1>pool # principal amt amrt amt</SPAN> </DIV> <DIV class=c2><SPAN class=c1> </SPAN></DIV> <DIV class=c2><SPAN class=c1>254239 48.18 3,040.89</SPAN> </DIV> <DIV class=c2><SPAN class=c1> </SPAN></DIV> <DIV class=c2><SPAN class=c1><STRONG><U>Message format when received:</U></STRONG></SPAN></DIV> <DIV class=c2><SPAN class=c1></SPAN> </DIV> <DIV class=c2><SPAN class=c1>Here's the figures for the paydowns for Tuesday.  So far</DIV> <DIV class=c2> <P align=left>> fairly quite which is good.  Thanks, see you on Friday.</P> <P align=left>> pool</P> <P align=left>></P> <P align=left>#                &#1</P> <P align=left>60;</P> <P align=left>> principal amt       amrt amt</P> <P align=left>> </P> <P align=left>254239               &#16</P> <P align=left>0;  </P> <P align=left>></P> <P align=left>48.18               &#160</P> <P align=left>;</P> <P align=left>> 3,040.89</P></SPAN></DIV>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft