Community Discussions and Support
Pegasus Mail v4.81 with Gmail OAUTH2 support public beta

Thought look at discussion board as not been on for while. Found this and also thought worth a try. I had removed older Pegasus and was stuck with Gmail. The newer version as title above ran well and smoothly. The one click to set up with Gmail worked too, no issues. All mails downloaded and and the familier folders are so welcome. This is a very impressive feat and well done to making this work. I can imagine how tough in dealing with Gmail obstacles. Thank you David Harris for this and making it freely available.
I did setup my account and looks like am stuck with name of admin? Setup other users no problem.
Great work.

Thought look at discussion board as not been on for while. Found this and also thought worth a try. I had removed older Pegasus and was stuck with Gmail. The newer version as title above ran well and smoothly. The one click to set up with Gmail worked too, no issues. All mails downloaded and and the familier folders are so welcome. This is a very impressive feat and well done to making this work. I can imagine how tough in dealing with Gmail obstacles. Thank you David Harris for this and making it freely available. I did setup my account and looks like am stuck with name of admin? Setup other users no problem. Great work.

Thank you for posting this. The Gmail OAUTH2 integration into Pegasus Mail is indeed an accomplishment worthy of praise.

I did setup my account and looks like am stuck with name of admin?

The question mark indicate a question about this but you then said "Setup other users no problem." which indicates that you were able to create other users as desired. Just so you know, the default user in a multi-user installation is named "Admin". There is no way change that during installation.

Post back if there is anything that you need help with.

Thank you for posting this. The Gmail OAUTH2 integration into Pegasus Mail is indeed an accomplishment worthy of praise. [quote="pid:56461, uid:34591"]I did setup my account and looks like am stuck with name of admin?[/quote] The question mark indicate a question about this but you then said "Setup other users no problem." which indicates that you were able to create other users as desired. Just so you know, the default user in a multi-user installation is named "Admin". There is no way change that during installation. Post back if there is anything that you need help with.

Hi,
Thank you for taking time to respond. My earlier message on re-read is not that clear! I set up the admin account and used this as my e-mail account with Gmail. This has downloaded all the mail. What i shoud have done was setup an account using my name as ID. This I have since done but am left with the admin account with lots of mail in it. Can I move this mail to my named user account or just continue to use admin as my mail account?

Hi, Thank you for taking time to respond. My earlier message on re-read is not that clear! I set up the admin account and used this as my e-mail account with Gmail. This has downloaded all the mail. What i shoud have done was setup an account using my name as ID. This I have since done but am left with the admin account with lots of mail in it. Can I move this mail to my named user account or just continue to use admin as my mail account?

Sorry for that late response. I have been traveling.

First let me say that the Gmail OAUTH creation process is both user and identity specific. You will need to create one for your named user account.

As for moving mail from the admin account to your named user account, this can be easily done.

1. While in the Admin account, create a folder named "Admin mail".
  2. Move all of the messages into that folder.
  3. Right click on the "Admin mail" folder and make note of the filename shown in the resulting popup.
  4. Close Pegasus Mail
  5. With file explorer, navigate to the \Mail directory. The default is C:\Pmail\Mail but it could be wherever you specified its location during installation.
  6. Once there, you will see \Mail\Admin and \Mail\your named account.
  7. In the \Mail\Admin account you need to find the .PMM and .PMI file pair that contains the filename part that you identified in step #3. Copy those two files into the \Mail\your named account directory. Do a copy and not a move so as to maintain the originals should something go wrong.
  8. Start Pegasus Mail and access it as your named account. You will see the "Admin mail" folder in the folder list. You can manipulate those messages however you want.

Once all is well you can go back into the Admin account and delete the "Admin mail" folder if you want.

Sorry for that late response. I have been traveling. First let me say that the Gmail OAUTH creation process is both user and identity specific. You will need to create one for your named user account. As for moving mail from the admin account to your named user account, this can be easily done. 1. While in the Admin account, create a folder named "Admin mail". 2. Move all of the messages into that folder. 3. Right click on the "Admin mail" folder and make note of the filename shown in the resulting popup. 4. Close Pegasus Mail 5. With file explorer, navigate to the \Mail directory. The default is C:\Pmail\Mail but it could be wherever you specified its location during installation. 6. Once there, you will see \Mail\Admin and \Mail\your named account. 7. In the \Mail\Admin account you need to find the .PMM and .PMI file pair that contains the filename part that you identified in step #3. Copy those two files into the \Mail\your named account directory. Do a copy and not a move so as to maintain the originals should something go wrong. 8. Start Pegasus Mail and access it as your named account. You will see the "Admin mail" folder in the folder list. You can manipulate those messages however you want. Once all is well you can go back into the Admin account and delete the "Admin mail" folder if you want.

Thank you for your response , a late reply is no problem at all, very grateful for your help and assistance.
This all worked well thank you. The beta version is working well, so far no bugs.
There is a smal problem but this is maybe a Google issue. I have checked 'clear all mail from host' but it persists in Google. I think this has always been the case.
Thanks once more for your valued advice and help
DOug

Thank you for your response , a late reply is no problem at all, very grateful for your help and assistance. This all worked well thank you. The beta version is working well, so far no bugs. There is a smal problem but this is maybe a Google issue. I have checked 'clear all mail from host' but it persists in Google. I think this has always been the case. Thanks once more for your valued advice and help DOug

There is a smal problem but this is maybe a Google issue. I have checked 'clear all mail from host' but it persists in Google. I think this has always been the case.

There are two unique behaviors that I am aware of with Google (Gmail) and Pegasus Mail.

1. Pegasus Mail server deletes do not work, as you have observed.
  2. Pegasus Mail's internal tracking of messages retrieved does not work. It appears that Google controls this. This prevents the re-downloading of messages should the need arise.

[quote="pid:56471, uid:34591"]There is a smal problem but this is maybe a Google issue. I have checked 'clear all mail from host' but it persists in Google. I think this has always been the case.[/quote] There are two unique behaviors that I am aware of with Google (Gmail) and Pegasus Mail. 1. Pegasus Mail server deletes do not work, as you have observed. 2. Pegasus Mail's internal tracking of messages retrieved does not work. It appears that Google controls this. This prevents the re-downloading of messages should the need arise.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft