Community Discussions and Support
Does Mercury SSL by it's own without additional tools like stunnel?

Hi!

Is mercury able to accept ssl imap and smtp connections directly without having a tool like stunnel in between? Of course, stunnel is an option but using this kind of tools, mercury must be configured to accept plain text connections as well and I do not want this option to be active! Most of my users use TLS but some of them want to use Outlook and Outlook does not support TLS. Therefore I need SSL as secure connection. Now, using stunnel, I must enable the plaintext logins and so the users can connect via Port 143 in plain text because this port must be open in my firewall for the TLS connections...

Thanks,

Konrad 

<p>Hi!</p><p>Is mercury able to accept ssl imap and smtp connections directly without having a tool like stunnel in between? Of course, stunnel is an option but using this kind of tools, mercury must be configured to accept plain text connections as well and I do not want this option to be active! Most of my users use TLS but some of them want to use Outlook and Outlook does not support TLS. Therefore I need SSL as secure connection. Now, using stunnel, I must enable the plaintext logins and so the users can connect via Port 143 in plain text because this port must be open in my firewall for the TLS connections...  </p><p>Thanks,</p><p>Konrad </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft