Community Discussions and Support
Cannot 'add folder' in Pegasus

Got an odd prob...one of our email accounts cannot 'add folder' in Peg. Freezes up & has to have the process killed.
There are some quite large folders approaching the max size which I've been able to whittle down.
All other functions appear to be behaving normally.
Any ideas welcome.
Cheers
G

Got an odd prob...one of our email accounts cannot 'add folder' in Peg. Freezes up & has to have the process killed. There are some quite large folders approaching the max size which I've been able to whittle down. All other functions appear to be behaving normally. Any ideas welcome. Cheers G

My first thoughts were inadequate file space or a permissions issue however I think these would be causing other function issues. Unfortunately I don't have any other ideas at the moment.

My first thoughts were inadequate file space or a permissions issue however I think these would be causing other function issues. Unfortunately I don't have any other ideas at the moment.

It's most likely the dialog off-screen: Shut down Pegasus Mail after looking up your mailbox locations on Pegasus Mail's info screen: Main menu Help > About Pegasus Mail > Info Button at the picture dialog's bottom: There should be entries for New mailbox and Home mailbox paths, in most cases both of them pointing to the same file directory, otherwise start with the New mailbox directory: After closing Pegasus Mail use Windows File Explorer to open the respective directory and locate a file named STATE.PMJ in there which can be edited using a simple plain text editor like the former Notepad: Don't use any editor which creates formatted output! In this file you'll find a line enclosed in square brackets named [NAMERF] denoting a section containing an entry starting with DEFAULT= and four comma seperated numbers denoting positions of the folder creation dialog. Now delete this single whole line, save the file and restart Pegasus Mail which will recreate it with default values if opening and closing the folder creation dialog next time.

It's most likely the dialog off-screen: Shut down Pegasus Mail after looking up your mailbox locations on Pegasus Mail's info screen: Main menu _Help > About Pegasus Mail > Info Button_ at the picture dialog's bottom: There should be entries for _New mailbox_ and _Home mailbox_ paths, in most cases both of them pointing to the same file directory, otherwise start with the New mailbox directory: After closing Pegasus Mail use Windows File Explorer to open the respective directory and locate a file named STATE.PMJ in there which can be edited using a simple plain text editor like the former _Notepad_: Don't use any editor which creates formatted output! In this file you'll find a line enclosed in square brackets named [NAMERF] denoting a section containing an entry starting with DEFAULT= and four comma seperated numbers denoting positions of the folder creation dialog. Now delete this single whole line, save the file and restart Pegasus Mail which will recreate it with default values if opening and closing the folder creation dialog next time.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
edited Mar 3 at 2:15 am

Thanks for your replies Brian & Michael...I'll start looking into your suggestion Michael.
Cheers chaps
G

Thanks for your replies Brian & Michael...I'll start looking into your suggestion Michael. Cheers chaps G
edited Mar 4 at 7:29 am

Bang on Michael - that sorted the problem!
Thankyou
G

Bang on Michael - that sorted the problem! Thankyou G
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft